Chapter 17

Rishab pulled back stunned. He stared at her like she had grown two horns. "Who told you that I have a girlfriend?" He asked slowly, trying to figure out what's happening.

"I just know. There's no need for anyone to tell me. It's all clear in front of my eyes that day," she said and started crying.

He raised an eyebrow seeing her cry. "Why the hell are you crying?" He scolded, "If anyone is there to cry, then that must be me," He muttered.

She glared at him in return and sniffed her nose. "Why will you cry? You have such a beautiful girlfriend. What's there to cry? You both will fit for each other nicely. You must be really happy to have her. How openly she showed her claim to you that day," she rambled still crying.

He stared at her amused. There's a glint in his eyes when an idea struck him.

He gently caressed her braided hair, making her look at him. He stared at her for a second and leaned down suddenly taking her lips again. She gasped and pushed him away.

"You have a girlfriend, Rishu. Then why are you doing this?" She asked, sounding helpless.

He didn't want to correct her at that time. "It's ok Madhu. There's nothing wrong with having fun once in a while. Come on," he said casually, making her gasp.

"What?" She stared at him in shock and disbelief. "I thought you are a good person even though you shout at me all the time. But you are no less than that Harshad," she said venomously.

His eyes flared. "Don't you dare compare me with him," he growled, punching his hand next to her head.

She jumped. "Then? Poor Alya," she whispered.

Alya? Who the hell is she? Is she the one she's thinking of as my girlfriend? He thought.

"I'll tell Alya what type of person you are," she said.

He raised an eyebrow. "I don't care," he replied back, tucking a hair strand behind her ear.

She pushed his hand and moved away from him. "But I care." She took her dupatta dropped on the floor and adjusted herself.

"Don't you ever dare come near me," she warned. "It's not that I am scared of you. I love my dad and he respects your family. That's why I am quiet. What you did now is not acceptable. Next time I won't tolerate," she said looking straight in his eyes.

He narrowed his eyes. "What would you do?" He asked, taking a step towards her.

She clutched the door knob without him noticing and opened it. Shockingly, she ran out of the door quickly. He chased after her but when he reached her, they descended down the stairs into the living room where their family were.

"Madhu. Come here," Sanjay called once he saw her.

Rishab cursed under his breath. He's having fun playing this game with her. She might not have realized but he saw how her eyes showed jealousy and anger when she talked about him having a girlfriend. He still couldn't believe she thought he has a girlfriend. When did he create an impression like that?

He knew he has looks and many girls were all over him for it and for being the grandson of a big businessman in the society. But he was never attracted to anyone. Like he did to this crazy girl, Madhu.

Just listening to their words, she came to an assumption that he really has a girlfriend.

Hell! I too didn't even kiss anyone before, he cursed. But, not anymore. A smile appeared on his face. He too didn't know what came over him. But he felt an urge to kiss her when she said I hate you.