Chapter 12

This chapter is not edited and has a lot of grammatical errors and typos. Please ignore them. Enjoy the story! Please answer the question at the end of the chapter.

***

Chapter 12

Madhu stirred in her sleep when she felt something wet on her forehead. She opened her eyes confused. Her dad sat their next to her looking at her concerned.

"Papa.. When did you come?" Madhu asked as tried to get up. That's when she realized she was so weak.

"Don't get up," Sanjay ordered, as he stopped her to get up. Madhu turned her head and saw her mom dipping a cloth in water. "You have fever Madhu.. So dont get up," Padmini ordered as she put the wet cloth on her forehead.

Madhu groaned. "Oh god!! Maa... Its just a low fever. You both are treating me like am some delicate doll," she whined.

"You are more than that for us, princess," Sanjay replied seriously. Madhu looked at her dad and saw concern for her. Madhu eyes welled with tears seeing her parents love for her. She thanked god for giving her such loving parents.

Madhu hugged her dad sideways tightly. "Dont worry Papa. I am ok. See by tomorrow I'll be all fine," she said assuringly. He just smiled at her and looked at his wife.

Padmini knows what he's thinking about. About those days when Madhu was born and what all they had gone through. She too couldn't forget those days. For them, they were like nightmares. She squeezed his hand and smiled at him softly. But it didn't reach her eyes. Sanjay stretched his hand for her to come. Padmini quickly hugged them both. Sanjay pulled her towards him with one hand and held them both securely in his arms.

"I won't let anything happen to us," Sanjay promised, more to himself.

"What will happen Papa?" Madhu asked confused.

He chuckled to himself. "Nothing Princess. Just some bad memory. Come on. You take rest now," He replied.

Madhu stared at her parents confused, but obeyed. What is that Papa didn't like to talk about? She wondered.

Padmini changed the wet cloth again. Sanjay kissed Madhu on forehead and was about to get up when she held his hand. "Papa. Dont go. You both stay here tonight," she asked.

Sanjay and Padmini were confused why she asked that way. She never asked them to sleep with her. What happened today?

Sanjay smiled and sat next to her. "Okay. We'll stay here," he caressed her head gently.

Madhu closed her eyes relieved. She didn't want to stay alone. Or else she may have a nightmare of what happened today. She always felt safe when she's with her parents.

She prayed to God that they have to remain like this forever whatever happens. With those she dozed off into sleep.

*********************

Next day Madhu didn't go to college. Kushi alone went to college.

Rishab and Arnav were waiting outside Madhu classroom. Arnav insisted him as he want to see Kushi. And Rishab agreed reluctantly.

When Rishab saw only Kushi he frowned. Arnav approached her casually.

"Hi Kushi!!" He smiled.

"Hi," Kushi said surprised.

"What? You are alone today?" Arnav frowned.

Kushi shrugged. "Madhu is not feeling well... so."

"What?" Rishab exclaimed.