Chapter 6: The Family

Chapter 6: THE FAMILY

In Sinha House:

Padmini was waiting for her daughter on the front porch as it was time for her to return home. Seeing her husband's bike entering the gate, a big smile formed on her face. She waved her hand excitedly to them. But her smile slowly faded, when she saw Madhu's appearance.

When Madhu saw her mom, she excitedly ran and hugged her, "Mumma."

"Madhu... What happened to you? And whose jacket is this?" Padmini asked shocked while looking at Madhu up and down.

Oh, God! How many times should I lie today? This is all because of that Ris... Aargh! RK, Madhu whined mentally. She decided that she would never utter his actual name again.

"Mumma! First, let me get in. I am so tired and also hungry. First, give something to eat. I will tell you then," Madhu said, dismissing the topic.

Padmini slapped her forehead and said. "Oh god! Sorry beta. Come on first go and fresh up. I will get something for you," Padmini said and looked for her hubby but saw him going somewhere, "and where is your papa going?" she asked.

"Don't know," Madhu said, shrugging.

"OK. You first go and freshen up," Padmini ordered.

Madhu nodded and went to her room. She closed the door and leaned against it. She closed her eyes and replayed what all happened that day. She didn't understand why Rishabh behaved that way. At first, he embarrassed her in front of everyone, and then again... he maintained her dignity by lending his jacket.

What should she think about him?

She stood in front of the mirror and almost slapped herself. She wanted the ground to open and swallow her. At the same time, she wanted revenge on Rishabh. Her face was pale, with sticky hair and faded mascara under her eyes. She looked like hell. No doubt her mom was so shocked when she saw her.

Her gaze fell on the reflection of the jacket around her. She furiously removed it and threw it on her bed. "I HATE YOU!" She shouted looking at that jacket. She again grabbed that jacket and held it at arm's length.

"What did I do to you? Huh? Why did you do this to me?" She questioned furiously, imagining that jacket to be Rishabh.

"I hate you Rishabh Kundra. I hate you. Do you get that?" she asked, shaking it. She then again threw the jacket on her bed.

"BEAST!" she shouted and pulled out all her frustration on it.

After that, she took a long hot shower, relaxing. It took so much time for her to clean her hair. She cursed him in whatever language she knew. She stepped out of the shower and got ready for dinner. She lastly glared at the jacket and went down.

"Mumma... Mumma," she shouted at the top of her lungs while getting down.

"Arey huh! Badmash! I am here only. Why do you shout?" Padmini scolded her.

"Give something. I am so hungry," Madhu said, pulling a chair.

"Huh! Huh! Wait," Padmini said, coming with Madhu's favorite aloo paratha.

Padmini served Madhu and pulled a chair next to her for herself. Madhu smelled the item savoring it and smiled contently. "Wow! Mumma. You are the best. Love you," she said, giving a peck on her mom's cheek.

Padmini chuckled seeing her daughter's childishness.

"Then what about me, princess?" asked a voice behind them.

They turned around and saw Sanjay standing there with a takeover bag in his hand.

"Papa!" Madhu shouted excitedly. Her eyes widened seeing the bag. She knew what it was. Her favorite strawberry ice cream. She ran to him and hugged him tightly. "You are more than best, papa. You are my hero."