Prologue

A/N:

P.S: This story has a lot of grammatical errors since this is my second story which I had written a long time back. Kindly, ignore any typos or errors. 

***

Prologue

A boy stood near the window, staring at the driveway, waiting for his dad's car to arrive. He promised him that he'll return home soon and they could have a great time playing. He's eagerly looking out with a ball in his hands that his dad gifted him on his birthday last year. It's very special for him as his dad had written his name on it with his hands.

He just turned ten years a few months back and considered himself a big man who could do his work by himself. Everyone tried not to laugh when he said that. It's really funny for all to see him try to lift a load of a heavy box. One day, after a few days after his birthday, his parents bought a new bed in his room. It was made especially for him and was heavy. At least five members were needed to carry it. And he insisted he'll also keep a hand in carrying it to his room. His parents tried to convince him that he couldn't, but he being as stubborn as a mule, ignored them. After climbing a few steps, he realized why his parents said so. He slumped down on the steps breathing heavily.

He remembered everyone trying to stifle their laughter. He became so embarrassed and hid behind his mom. But what he didn't know was. He made his dad feel proud of him. He's so proud of his son. Who won't when at his age, their son was so courageous, brave, and understanding?

For the boy, his dad was his inspiration in everything. For him, his dad was a confident and optimistic person. He wanted to follow his dad's path. Whatever his father does, he also does everything along with him.

At that moment, no one was at home. He was perplexed to know why. Because, before his mom and grandpa left the house leaving him alone, they answered a phone call. And they immediately rushed out of the house, leaving everything as they were, not even informing him. To say he's terrified would be an understatement. He doesn't know anyone to contact or have a number to do so. Along with him was only his servant Ramu who was there with him.

Suddenly, the gates to their house were opened. He stared out curiously to know who it was. His grandpa's car entered the driveway at full speed and stopped. But no one stepped out. He frowned when an ambulance followed them later. He quickly came down to see what it was. When he reached down, he was confused to find his grandpa consoling his mom and also trying not to break down.

He started to go towards them but stopped in his tracks when he saw two men in white uniforms carrying someone from inside the ambulance. They stopped and placed the person on the stretcher in front of him.

To say he was frightened was so low to describe. His dad laid there in front of him lifeless with all bandages around his head and body. He felt dismayed, terrified, and devastated. He fell right in front of his dad's body and cried for him.

For days, he cried for his dad. No one cared for him. His mom and grandpa were depressed. His grandpa fell sick after a few days. And his mom was busy dwelling herself on thoughts of his dad. While he's not the same energetic boy anymore.

Three months later, he's faced with another heartbreak. He has been watching a video of himself and his dad together in his room and he did not realize that someone entered. He dint turn around and continued to watch. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Rishabh beta. Your dadaji is calling you," His servant Ramu said. He didn't understand why but he sounded hesitant. He stopped the video and descended down only to find his mom standing next to another man with the flower garlands in their hands. Also, there's a boy around his age holding their hands and smiling at them.

He was disheartened and enraged. His mom married again. And without his consent. How could she? "I hate you," he shouted angrily and ran up to his room and locked himself. His grandpa tried to reason him. But he doesn't want to listen to anyone. He felt abandoned and betrayed.

At one point, he tried to get used to the fact that his mom was remarried. She did that for his sake. So he tried to accept his new dad and his son.

What he didn't know was that they both doesn't want little Rishabh with them. It's Saturday evening when Rishabh returned back from school. As usual, he freshened up and came down to have his snacks when he saw his step-brother, Harshad, sitting at the dining table eating his biscuits.

Rishabh approached the dining table and gave a small smile to Harshad. He's trying to mingle with them. But in return, Harshad scowled at him. Rishabh was surprised to get that reaction. He didn't know why, so he shrugged off and moved to take his seat. But he stumbled forward when something came on his way. He looked up and saw Harshad laughing at him and realized he put his leg in the way.

"What's your problem?" Rishabh shouted while getting up.

Harshad raised from his chair. "Nothing. Just watching how weak you are," he said arrogantly.

"Don't mess with me," Rishabh warned him.

Harshad raised his eyebrows. "What can you do?" He pushed Rishabh on his chest.

Rishabh stumbled back. He felt anger bubble up inside him. Turning to him, he pushed Harshad with full force making him fall on his face. At the same moment, his mother Radha entered the dining hall.

"Rishu?! What are you doing?" she shouted at Rishabh while helping Harshad to his feet. "Mom. He doesn't like me," Harshad complained to her, pointing to Rishabh. He smirked at him victoriously.

Rishabh was shocked. Wheels were turned and he was blamed for everything. Radha never scolded him even for a small mistake. That's not the first time but that day he realized the change in his mom. Because not even once did his mom say him a word before. But that day, her hand raised on him.

From that day, Rishabh felt lonely and empty. She didn't even try to cajole him. All she did was make Harshad happy and show people that she was not an evil stepmother. In that attempt, she forgot her own son.

Rishabh vowed himself that he won't allow anyone to rule his heart and blocked everyone out. His grandpa was speechless with his attitude. He didn't know how to tackle him.

For Rishabh, every woman was selfish and immoral. He was fixed that there's no value for relationship and love.

Please do vote, comment, and share your views. Stay tuned!