Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Rishab couldn't hold it any longer. He saw how she stared back at him with shock and confusion. Not only she, he himself was shocked and confused. He too don't know what's going on with him. The woman in front of him was driving him crazy.

When he came out of his room, he was surprised to see Sanjay in his living room, passing orders to someone in his mobile, to transfer money. Seeing him, he felt an urge to ask about Madhu. But he dont want to make it obvious.

"Hi Uncle!" Rishab greeted him casually, climbing down the stairs.

Hearing his voice, Sanjay looked at him and smiled warmly. "Hello Rishab, how are you?" He asked standing up.

Rishab came in front of him and shook his hand. "I am fine. Thank you," he replied politely.

From the corner of his eye, he saw his servant Ramu stare at him shocked. Because whenever someone came home, he would just go on his way not even greeting them.

"Think so you are going somewhere," Sanjay said seeing his attire.

"Yeah. Had some work. And have some practice to do," Rishab replied. He dint know why he was telling him.

"Practice?" Sanjay asked.

"Basketball. In a few days, we are having a inter college competition. So need to do some practice," Rishab explained.

"Woah! Basketball," Sanjay said surprised, "Madhu, dint say me anything."

Rishab looked at him confused. "May be she dont know. But why are you so surprised?" He asked.

Sanjay chuckled. "Nothing. It's Madhu favorite game. You know one thing, let the earth break into two pieces, but she'll still sit in the same spot and watch the match," he joked.

Rishab smiled. It reminds him of the day when he had seen her in basketball court.

"Talking about Madhu. How is she uncle?" Rishab asked casually.

"Madhu. She's fine beta. Thank you for asking. But how do you know?" Sanjay asked.

Rishab fidgeted to answer him. He dint want to worry him. "Kushi told me. That she's not feeling well," he lied.

"Yes. I don't know what would I do if anything happens to her," Sanjay said in a low voice shaking his head.

Something tugged at his heart, seeing his love for his daughter. "Don't worry Uncle. I think she's fine now," Rishab said assuring.

Sanjay laughed a little. "Yeah. She even went out to enjoy today," he replied.

That caught his attention. "What?"

"Yeah. She want to see the city. So she planned to go out today," Sanjay replied.

"But she dont know anyone here right? And she's new to the city," he said. He frowned as he sounded worried.

Sanjay raised an eyebrow. "Yeah. Kushi is with her. Do you think that I'll leave my daughter alone?"

Rishab released a sigh of relief. "No. I am just..." He stuttered. "In a city like Mumbai, we have to be careful," he replied.

Sanjay nodded. Just then, his mobile started ringing. He excused himself and answered the call.

Rishab was angry. Is she mad? Two days back she fainted. And now she went out for sight seeing. Don't she care about her health? And how did he allow her to go?

Few minutes later, Sanjay came back laughing. "Who's that?" Rishab asked confused.

"My wife," he said lovingly, "she called me to inform about Madhu."