Chapter 7: The Nightmare

CHAPTER 7 : THE NIGHTMARE

As the sun rose, Rishabh got out of bed and braced himself for another long day. But then he had a small smile on his face as the first thought that came to his mind was Madhu. He opened his eyes bewildered.

'No stop thinking about her. Everyone's the same,' He said to himself.

Shaking his head, he rose from his bed, before taking a deep breath to calm down. He got ready for another boring day. He wore a white linen shirt with the first two buttons undone and blue faded jeans. He took his rayban glasses and walked out of his house as calmly as he could.

As he pulled in front of Arnav's driveway, he saw him dressed in a blue and white checkered shirt and blue jeans, waiting impatiently for him.

"Hey man!" Rishabh greeted him with a man hug.

"Hi," Arnav replied surly.

Rishabh asked confusedly as he hoped in the driving seat, "Why are you so grumpy today?"

"Nothing. Just go fast," Arnav said, annoyed.

"Woah! So eager to go to college huh? Why? What's the matter?" Rishab asked wearily. He started the ignition of the car and they were on their way to college.

"What? No... Nothing... Just like that.," Arnav stuttered.

Rishabh raised his eyebrows questioningly. He observed Arnav closely. He was not his usual self. Yesterday, Arnav was lost in his own thoughts. Usually he would ask Arnav that moment, but he was distracted by Madhu completely.

"Arnav... You are not by yourself. I know you are bothered by something. Tell me," Rishab insisted.

Arnav sighed. He knew his friend won't leave him until he tells him. "Sorry RK. I have hidden one matter from you," Arnav started slowly, watching Rishabh.

"Will you spill already? Or you want a punch?" Rishabh asked, irritated, keeping his gaze on the road.

"RK... I am in love," Arnav said in a breath.

All of a sudden, Rishabh hit the brakes with a force and they both fell forward. Rishabh stared at his friend with wide eyes and open jaw. "What?" he asked shocked.

"You heard me," Arnav replied, rubbing his forehead due to the impact.

Rishabh stared at his friend for a long time without a word.

Arnav looked away guiltily.

"Fuck!!!" Was all Rishab said after a long silence.

"I am sorry RK. I know what I have done was not right. I am afraid that you'll leave me. I know you don't believe in love. That's why I kept my feelings to myself," Arnav confessed.

Rishabh listened to his friend calmly, without a word. He felt guilty as because of him he struggled with his feelings.

"Does Choti know about this?" Rishab asked after sometime.

"No..."

"Good. Or else I would have used you as my punching bag."

"What? What do you mean?" Arnav asked, shocked.

"Arey dumbass! Who am I to stop you, huh? This is your life," Rishab said honestly.

"You have more rights on me than anyone, my friend," Arnav said emotionally and hugged him. "But... Thank you. Thank you so much, buddy."

Rishabh hugged back and asked him, "And who is this girl, who caught your attention?"

"You know her, RK. When I saw her in college the day before yesterday, I was-" Arnav was cut off as Rishabh went stiff when he heard him. Rishabh pulled back suddenly.