Chapter 2: Kundra's

Chapter 2: Kundra's

When Madhu entered Kundra's house she was spellbound. It was like a king's palace. On either side of the driveway, it was decorated beautifully with different kinds of rose plants and other varieties. Right in front of the house, there was a small fountain to drive around. To say she was fascinated would be an understatement.

Madhu stood next to Sanjay while he knocked on the door. A few minutes later, it was opened by a man dressed neatly in a black and white uniform. "Yes, sir?" he asked politely.

"I am here to meet Mr. Kundra," Sanjay replied.

"Do you have an appointment sir?" He asked again politely.

"Oh yes! Just inform him Sanjay Sinha is here," Sanjay replied.

"Ok. You can wait here in the living room Sir. I'll go and inform him," he said leading them into a living room and disappearing into a wide hall.

Madhu moved along with her dad in a daze gaping at the house. The interiors also looked more beautiful than the outside. It was enormous and lavish with gleaming tiled marble floors to the sheer curtains on the wall of the floor floating around. The walls were a combination of golden yellow and white colors. Straight ahead in the middle of the hall, there were stairs on either side leading upstairs. As they moved further into the living room, she could see many photos hung on the wall on one side from floor to ceiling. The furnishings looked expensive with antique pieces around. Everything screamed money in the house.

They both have settled themselves on the big sofas. She felt afraid whether she'll spoil the cushions. Every bit in this house shone with luxury. She was still admiring the house in awe when the man who opened the door returned back.

"Sir. Bade Saab has called you to his study room," he informed Sanjay.

Sanjay nodded and stood up. Turning to Madhu, he ordered her softly, "Stay here Princess. Don't go anywhere. Ok?"

Madhu hesitated to stay alone but nodded reluctantly. He kissed her forehead and left following that man. Madhu sat there for ten minutes and started feeling bored. She looked around the house admiringly when her eyes fell on the photos hanging on the wall.

Out of curiosity, she stood up slowly and went near them. As she approached, she had a clear view of the photos. At the center of the wall, there was a large photo of a person hanging, with a flower garland decorating it. Diyas was lighted in front of his photo.

Who is he? Madhu thought to herself.

She looked next to the photo and found a few more. One of them showed the same man and a woman, both looked young, holding an adorable baby boy. They appeared to be so happy together. She turned her gaze to the next one and saw the same baby boy, laughing so hilariously in it. She felt an urge to pinch his chubby cheeks. She realized he looked more like the man in the first photograph.

That uncle might be his dad, she thought.

There were many more photographs of the baby boy taken at different ages at different moments. In one of them, he's trying to catch pigeons, it might be at two years of age. Another one showed him playing in the pool. Many more like that.

They made a memory of his every single moment. How sweet. She smiled to herself.

All of a sudden, she felt strange. She gazed up at the photographs in confusion. Up to a certain age, he looked happy and joyful. There was a mischievous glint in his eyes. But in the next few photos, there was no such glint. It only showed pain and also anger. He was actually glaring at the camera. She wondered what happened to him to become like that. There were only photos of him until fifteen years of age. So she thought him to be some high school student.