Chapter 15- Backstory

Start from the beginning

"But you- oh..!"
She wasn't quite expecting him saying yes. It was a silence before Dipper began speaking.

"You know how he kept me so I will just start with day 1. I tried escaping then he cut my back with a knife I don't know what he draw but it should be healed by now"

"It was a triangle"

Ford said. Dipper gave a confused 'oh' before continuing.

"Day two, you came causing me and Bill make a second deal. His intention was to turn me insane... but I kept saying he won't win. He entered my mind later on"

He took a pause after that.

"And?"
Stan asked.

"I don't remember what he saw in my mind. Anyways after that he gave me a vision of my bullies attacking Mabel"

"Ew. Just the mentions of them makes me want to puke"
Mabel said.

"Then he teleported ,or so I thought, them in my cage. He gave me a knife telling me to kill them. But I didn't becuase I noticed a certain thing"

"What was it?"
Ford asked.

"That Mabel was smiling. I took the knife and throw it to Bill's eye"

"DAYUM savage!"
Mabel yelled out.

"That's my boy!"
Stan cheered. Dipper chuckled.

"Well it didn't end goodly. The next day he drilled out my left eye"

Dipper noticed he was still laughing he cut himself off after realizing it, turning into a sadness. So was everyone else. They were shocked by it. Even Mable, she didn't know how it happened in the first place.

"It is okay. I am used to it by now"
Dipper reasured.

"He is heartless"
Mabel said at the edge of growing tears.

"Was"
Ford corrected.

"When I woke up I saw Bill's human form. Then he went into my mind again. He gave me a knife after that, I used it as an opportunity to shoot him again but it aimed backwards hitting my leg"

"Now to think of it we should go to a hospital"
Mabel pointed out.

"Yeah"
Stan agreed.

"What happened then?"
Ford asked.

"Well I called him an idiot"
Dipper said, Mabel laughed. She was about to cry last minute but now laughing? Damn, this girl has some problems.

"I am getting hungry so I will just say what happened next shortly. He changed the sky, drugged me, I discovered the roughness in the book Ford gave me and-"

"Bro slower! My mind can't process that much information at once!"
Mabel cried out.

"What happened to the book?"
Ford asked.

"Bill destroyed it afterwards. But I managed to translate it by using my blood"

"Must've hurt"
Stan said.

"Yeah... Anyways nothing interesting happened after that. I was just left alone. Any questions?"

"Well you could choose what happens to Bill have you did it yet?"
Ford asked. If he read the book then he would know that.

"Yes"

Dipper said. A short, undetailed answer. He most likely didn't want to talk about it.

"What happened when Bill took away your mind?"
Mabel asked.

"That's a story for another time"
Dipper smiled.

He grabbed his knife and fork eating the pancakes eagerly, not caring they are Stan-cakes. Mabel frowned but chuckled soon.

It was all in the past now, he wouldn't be back. Never ever again. He is just a mortal without powers, he will experience after-life, pay for his sins.

The sky had changed back to normal yesterday night, people cheered. Not understanding but confusion was the least of their worries.

Dipper looked at the mirror, before taking of his eye-patch. It was the shape of a black triangle making him tremble  a bit.

He couldn't believe his eyes, his left eye was healed.

...

Extra scene
....

Dipper was in what-so-called a white. A white, without any corners, shadows, objects... anything.

"Hello!?"

He shouted. He could only remember Bill's words:

"You know pinetree. The words I said before tripping you here remains, at least once you leave it'll"

"Take away your mind"

Was this how it felt to be mindless? Is that even a phrase? He sat down waiting for something to happen. Then a figure appeared. Dipper couldn't see but sense it.

"Mason Pines, I am Axolotl. You have two doors"

Two doors appeared, one brown and one blue.

"The brown one is reality, where you are mindless. And the blue is where your dreams come true, the imaginary"

"Once you go through a door you'll be unable to go back"

He opened the brown door, but didn't enter. He saw how he collapsed on the floor, the worries of his friends, family. He opened the blue door, saw he was with his parents and Mabel. They were at Piedmont. Celebrating him and Mabel's 17th birthday. He seemed so happy.

But Dipper knew, if he was to enter this door then the real him would stay mindless forever. He couldn't do that to the ones he love.

"You are willing to sacrifice your happiness for the ones you love?"

Axolotl asked.  

"They are my family, friends. I can't turn my back on them. I love them"

Dipper said with a sad smile. He didn't look behind before entering the brown door.
...