Chapter 10- Defeat

Mabel rushed downstairs, everyone was arguing, they didn't notice Mabel until she yelled out.

"Guys listen to me!"

Her words have seemed to work becuase they all stopped talking and made their glance towards her.

"Remember the second deal? Dipper said we get to live our lives however we want. And we want to live a life with him!"

"Hot belgian waffles!"
Stan shouted excited.

"You are a genius dude!"
Soos said.

"Lets beat the demon in his own game!"
Wendy said, clinging her fists.

Place: Pyramid

"No! No no!"

Bill cried out, his hands started igniting red flames like his hair and his eye colour turned into red from yellow.

He made the bubble dissappear, he had been watching the Mystery Shack. He didn't think they would find the loophole but they did and he was furious.

"They want Pinetree!?"

Bill laughed evily, his flames expanding his laughter faded away, fading into a smirk.

"Come and get him then"

He cooed. His red flames faded away, he teleported in front of the cage by a snap of fingers.

By his surprise, Dipper was reading a book. He flinched when he saw the demon, attempted to hide the book away but Bill snapped his fingers and the book was in his hands.

"What is this book, Pinetree?"

Dipper nervously chuckled, he was thinking of a lie but remembered the demon could read his mind.

"That's correct, I won't ask again"

"A book about dream demons"

He said, hiding facts isn't lying, white lies never hurt anyone. Bill raised an eyebrow, Dipper guessed he was amazed or dumbfounded and if not he was curious.

He flipped the pages and came to the page ##, Dipper knew what was in that page, the breakel of a deal. Bill read the page aloud, in a clear and serious tone. When he was done he blowed to his index finger, which had started igniting blue flames and when he touched the book with it, it had been set on fire. The book was destroyed, no ashes remaining.

"I could ask you other questions but it doesn't matter. Right now I have to make sure of one thing"

Bill was about to snap his fingers but Dipper stoppped him with a shout.

"What are you gonna do Bill!?"

Bill smirked, this was the moment he was waiting. Now he could see him broken.

"Take away your mind"

He exclaimed, smiling widely. Dipper's mouth gaped open. He closed his eyes,  collapsing on the floor. He covered his mouth with his hands and his eyes watered. Bill's smile faded, he wasn't expecting this but if so he should be happy, he got what he wanted! So why couldn't he...?

"Do it Bill, I am tired..."

People cry, not becuase they are weak. It's becuase they've been strong for too long. 48 days full of torture, mentally and physically, he wasn't able to go on. He was tired... of everything.

"I can't"

The demon said almost whispering.

"WHY CAN'T YOU!?"

Dipper cried out, raising his head so he could face the demon but the demon was looking away all the time.

"I can't alright!?"

Bill said, still looking away causing Dipper to be purely mad. He kept shouting and shouting, but Bill didn't reply further questions. Dipper stopped and his expressions turned into a dull or confused one, figuring out something.

"You-"

"Shut up!"

Bill yelled cutting out the teen's words. He made his hands into a fist, glowing a blue light and out of nowhere Dipper found himself on the other side of the cage, with wounds on his body from the hit. He whimpered, biting his lip. He looked at the demon again, with a look of sympathy.

"..care?"

Dipper had read from the book that dream demons aren't emotionally stable. But what did he do to make him like this? He had finally gave up but why wasn't he celebrating his victory, had a smirk on?

"Or are you confused?"

Dipper asked, something was mis- understood about the demon. As much as Dipper will never forgive and hates him he can't help but wonder what was wrong with him.

Bill didn't know what to say nor did he know what he was feeling. He didn't care about the boy but then why was he feeling remorse?

"I am sorry"

Bill said, showing hints of sadness.

"You can still fix it"

Dipper reaussered, he didn't know if this was a trick but he still felt like it was real. He gave a forced but warm smile, Bill looked at him too. They were eye-to-eye.

"I am sorry for this"

Bill snapped his fingers and Dipper was  tripped in a blue opaque bubble with a pinetree symbol on, it had chains covering him, locking him up. There was a keyhole.

Bill snapped his fingers again and a key appeared in his right hand. He let out a sigh.

That's when 5 figures came in through the window.