Chapter 15- Backstory

September 2

Dipper woke up first even though he slept the last. We don't count Ford since he is a mysterious man and we don't know when he sleeps or does he sleep at all or not.

His awakening -which was with a loud groan- woke Mabel up.

"Good morning Dipping-sauce!"

"Morning"

Mabel noticed Dipper didn't got a lot of sleep but let it go.

"I am going to take a shower"

Dipper said and after Mabel's giggles he went straight to the bathroom with some clothes.

Mabel thought of telling about Dipper's being back to everyone but decided it would be better if himself told them.

So she went downstairs and saw Stan cooking Stan-cakes. They were the classical burnt missing some ingredient and with a hair on it. Pancakes- but with Stan difference!

"Good morning apple pie"

He said looking away from the pan. Mabel was already smiling but smiled more.

"Morning my favourite man!"

Stan laughed returning his glance to the pan again. He flipped the pancakes over. Ford came in, you could see bags under his dull eyes.

"Good morning Ford, my favourite man!"

Mabel exclaimed happily. Stan pouted while Ford replied with a:

"Morning"

Just dull as his eyes were. He sat down on the chair, one of the chairs surronding the table. Mabel sat down aswell.

"And here goes Stan-cakes!"

Stan said as he placed the pancakes on the table. Mabel looked with disguast whilst Ford simply didn't care.

"Hey Mabel where is Dipper?"
Ford asked, finally speaking himself.

"Oh- he-"
Mabel said but got interrupted when Dipper walked in. Ford was looking at Mabel so he didn't see Dipper and Stan was putting the pan in the sink so he didn't see him neither.

"Hi"
Dipper said. Yes, for your reunion you can just say 'hi' and not be awkward at all. Or the right words do not come out of your mouth and you make a fool out yourself. They both happened in a word.

Ford and Stan both looked at him with wide eyes, Stan dropped the pan.

"Kid!?"

Stan asked or exclaimed. He rushed over him and gave a big hug like Mabel did.

"Yup"

Dipper smiled and turned his glance to his other gruncle. Ford was out of words, this was impossible.

"Dipper how did you-"
Ford questioned but Mabel cut him off.

"Don't question everything and enjoy the moment, gee!"

Ford got up and hugged his great nephew tight. He smiled, they all were smiling. Finally, they were free.

They broke the hug and Ford asked still in disbelief:

"It didn't work yesterday so how now?"

"Well it worked yesterday night"

Dipper said chuckling nervously. Ford nodded and they sat down on the chairs.

"Dipper you said you'd explain what happened"

Mabel asked, in other words, reminded.

"Alright"