"Time stopped around him?" Even saying it did not make sense to her.

While hands still out above Ye, Nian nodded, not caring how confused the doctor was staring at her now.

"Believe it or not, it's a fact," Nian stared only at Lin Ye's body, "Gege is now in-between life and death. I am trying my best to keep his body from disintegrating. Having all of one's cells suddenly stop did not do wonders to that person's body."

Kal'tsit stared back at him and gently touched the skin on his arms. Her eyes widened at how cold it was.

No.

It was not cold.

It was like there was nothing.

It was such an uneasy feeling, Kal'tsit instantly pulled her hand away from him.

Just remember the feeling lingering on her fingers was enough to make Kal'tsit's body shiver.

She spun to stare at the person who still had her hands on his hand.

Kal'tsit saw her body shiver but her hands still were glued on his.

The princess must have felt her eyes on her because she answered Kal'tsit's unsaid question.

"I won't let go of him," While her eyes were still on Ye's resting face, she firmly answered, "Gege wouldn't abandon me, so I won't either."

"What she is doing does help us," Nian explained, "She is acting like an anchor to his soul now."

The grip that Lily had on her brother's hand tightened upon hearing this. If she was able to help, even in the slightest, she was glad.

Kal'tsit stared at the only God in the room.

"You said that a demon is responsible for making him like this?"

Nian growled at this.

"Yeah. That bastard tricked an entire nation into being afraid of his own shadow. It was so well hidden even I did not notice before it was too late," Nian spat out, "In the staff that the Fallen is carrying on her is nothing but something that the demon made to put a sense of security to everyone in that city. While its creation was being monitored by Laterano, it was waiting for the perfect body that meets its criteria."

Nian glared at Lin Ye's body.

"And it was Gege."

Kal'tsit glanced back at his unmoving body.

She did not want to get Warfarin to be involved in all of this. However, she knew she needed all the help that she could get now.

It was just Kal'tsit was not excited to see her reaction to this whole mess. Warfarin was the most open in making Lin Ye stay on the Landship.

As one of the head researchers on the cure development, Warfarin knew more about how important his life was than others. He was literally the key to this world's salvation. Warfarin knew this better than anyone.

If she saw what had become to him... let's just say, she was not going to like her reaction.

"So what is going with Lin Ye... spiritually?"

Although Kal'tsit is one of the most outstanding scholars in Rhode Island, when it comes to something like this, something that common sense was not common, she was clueless.

At the very least, she would not go into this blind.

Nian looked like she did not want to tell her but she knew that she was not enough to help him now.

"Gege's soul is fighting a hard battle now."

This made the doctor interested.

"Fighting? Fighting who?" She asked.