Ch 592: A Little Game

The sun shone brightly in the morning sky. The dark clouds that threatened the city a few days ago were nowhere to be seen. The sky was as blue as it could possibly be. This was possibly the best weather that Chang'an had ever experienced in its long history. The people took this as a sign that all of them were being blessed by Chang'an for their ability to survive the disaster that befell them the other day and the clear weather was their reward.

Unknown to them, however, the person who was responsible for this weather was enjoying a snack with his two sisters in front of a food truck. He found this miracle of a vehicle just a few minutes after they departed from the barber.

Well... Nian found it with her nose. Something had caught her attention and without warning, she dragged Lin Ye and Lily along with her. At first, he was confused about what she was doing but the moment Lin Ye smelled the scent of fried meat, a light smile formed on his face as he let himself be dragged by his hungry little dragon.

That was how he got himself here. Sitting on a bench beside the food truck with a greasy burger in his hands and two little sisters beside him. Luckily for him, there were not many people at the food truck when he got there. The kind owner - a Forte, based on his large bull-like horns on his head - said that he just opened and Lin Ye did not need to pay anything at all for his orders. The truck owner even suggested the best thing on the menu that he had when Lin Ye told him he was on a date with his two little sisters. Now each one of them had a burger in their hands.

The burger was huge, that was the most noticeable thing about it. It was almost bigger than his hand. It was wrapped in thin brown paper wrapping. In the burger, there were fried onions and a lot, a lot of sauce. From what Lin Ye knew, that will help the burger stay hot but it also fastened the process of the burger becoming soggy.

Nian did not even need to be told what to do as she hungrily devoured her burger. Some of the sauce stuck to her cheeks. Lin Ye sighed and pulled out a napkin from his pocket and gently wiped them away.

Lin Ye chuckled, "Slow down. No one is going to steal it from you."

Nian smiled at him, "Mhm!" Then she continued with her munching. This only made Lin Ye laugh even more.

Lin Ye remembered something and glanced to his right. He saw Lily look at the still wrapped burger in confusion. It was like she was holding an other-worldly object in her hands and did not know what to do with it.

He gently tapped on her shoulder, making her look at him.

"Lily?" He called her name, "Is something the matter? Why are you not eating?"

Lily only shook her head, "I'm fine. It's just..." She glanced back at the burger in her hands, "This is my first time eating this... burger? I don't know where to start."

Hearing this, Lin Ye almost forgot that Lily was royalty. Up until now, she has eaten the best food Yan could possibly offer. A burger was something the chef of the royal family would not serve her for dinner. No wonder she did not know what this food was.

Lin Ye got an idea of how to help her, "Lily, just copy me."

Lily looked at him and nodded, "Okay."

Lin Ye slowly unwrapped the paper and Lily followed, "So look at it. If you want to keep the sauce from leaking, make sure the bun - the round bread - is at the bottom."

Lily looked at the burger and flipped it upside down, "Done."

Lin Ye nodded, "Now take a big bite."

Lily looked at him confusedly, "Just bite it?"