Ch 548: Everything Will Be Fine

In his past life, his Mom would say that smoking was a big no for her. As long as she was alive with him, he would not be allowed to do that. However, Mom would give him bits of advice to help people who smoke. Do physical activities to take the mind off the thought of it, chew on gum and more.

One of them was if you want to take care of your breath after smoking, eat something sweet. It would lessen the taste of it.

When he was at the restaurant he was surprised at they gave their residents free candies. With sugar being a rare thing in Terra, this showed how prestige this place was, to give out free sweets was not a simple thing to do here. So he took as much as he needed.

That was why he was offering some candies to the woman.

When he offered them to the girl, he saw the cigarette that was in her hand fall from the balcony.

What if something got it below them? He was about to remind her to not do that.

He glanced at the girl and saw her body was trembling. He shut his mouth and waited to hear a reply from her.

After half a minute, Ying Li came back to her senses and turned to look at the figure in the dark. She bit her lower lip tightly, and then whispered, "Yes."

"Yes?" He hummed, "Yes what?"

"You just asked me if I wanted a candy," Ying Li said, "I said Yes."

"Ah," He smiled and held up the candy in his hand. "Glad to hear that."

Lin Ye threw the candy, and Ying Li caught it.

She looked at the piece of sweet in her hand. She slowly unwrap it and threw it into her mouth. The sudden sweetness of it made her squit her eyes.

Then she heard the man talking again.

"Although It's not my place to say this to you, I think you should try to quit smoking," He glanced at her, "It's not good for your health. So how about this? Every time you have the urge of smoking, eat something sweet. That might help you."

She wanted to say why should she follow his advice? He was a stranger. What gives him the right to say this to her?

However, when she heard his voice, she couldn't say anything against it.

She lowered her head. Then, after a while, she nodded, "Mhm."

The man must have seen her doing this with how he was humming.

A thought ran through her mind.

Why was he so similar to that person?

On Lin Ye's side, he did not know that he was giving the Princess of Yan trouble with how he was acting. His very actions made Ying Li confused.

Lin Ye glanced back into the living room and saw Nian sleeping peacefully under his coat. Seeing this made him realize he was slowly getting tired. It would be best to end their conversation and sleep.

However, he did not want to. Not just yet. This person who he was talking to, had a lot of things that she was facing. She must be stressed. So Lin Ye was more than happy to listen to her. It was not like this was the first time he slept late.

Then he heard the girl started talking again. Her voice was barely a whisper, but he could hear her.

"I used to have a brother who was a bit like you."

"A brother, huh?" Lin Ye glanced at her, "Where's he now?"

"He's no longer alive," Ying Li said, "So I have been thinking about what he would say to me if he was still alive."