Ch 614: Why Is She here?

When Lin Ye walked into his dorm, he noticed the drones were not the only upgrades that the landship got from Penguin Logistics.

Maybe it was just that he got a dorm for interns but his new room was way bigger. In front of him was a full-blown living room, almost the same size as his old office..

Lin Ye looked to his side to see a kitchen at the end of the room. His personal bathroom should be behind the door at the back. The bedroom was in the other part of the room.

Suffice it to say, this was something only a few people would have the privilege to have.

Pulling his gaze away from the room, his eyes landed on his guide for today. Her brown ears twitched when she noticed he was staring at her.

"This is your room, Doctor," Amiya smiled at him, "If you have any problems, you can contact me or Miss Kal'tsit."

Lin Ye nodded.

"I appreciate that," He smiled at her. Then he realised something, "Hey Amiya, do you really need to call me Doctor?"

Her eyes widened at his question, "Do you not like that?"

"It's not that," Lin Ye reassured her, "I was just curious. That's all."

She stared at him. Not saying a word.

"...What do you want me to call you then?" She finally asked.

"My name is enough. But if you are more comfortable calling me Doctor, that's up to you." Lin Ye hummed, "I don't really mind what people call me."

"... I see," She indeed smiled at him, "I will inform the other elite operators about this."

"No need for that," Lin Ye chuckled and shook his head, "I can just tell them myself."

She looked confused but Amiya thought that she did not need to think too much on this topic. He was sure of himself and she should trust him.

He was the Doctor after all.

Lin Ye pulled out his phone and saw the time.

"I think I already took enough of your time now, Amiya," Stashing his phone away into his pocket, Lin Ye smiled at her, "It is getting late now and you should rest too."

Her expression softened, "I think I agree with that, you too need to rest," Then she remembered something. Amiya handed the files in her hands to him, "Here is the list of upgrades that we got from Penguin Logistics. There is also a schedule of what you are supposed to do tomorrow."

Lin Ye dropped his bag and took the files. True to what Amiya said, as he went through them, he saw the list of upgrades and a schedule.

He nodded and then he remembered something.

Pulling away from the papers, he looked back at her, "What about Laterano?"

His job as the Doctor was to get a partnership between Laterano and them. Although the idea of getting a partnership with an entire nation was an idea that would scare some people away, Lin Ye was not really bothered by this.

And from what he knew about the country, it was home to mostly Sankta, meaning that Mostima could be there too: another reason he needed to get the country to work beside Rhodes Island.

He did not want to brag, but it was not his first time doing a task as big as this. He already enlisted the help of two nations. With the experience he gained from the adventures he had, he believed he had a chance of achieving that goal.

He just needed to pray to not fight terrorists or the whole nation.

"Ah," Her eyes widened. Hearing this made Amiya remember that too. "I apologize, Doctor. I almost forgot. Miss Kal'tsit said you do not need to worry about Laterano for now. She will be the one handling that at the moment," She explained. "She will call when you are needed."