Ch 591: New Haircut

The North side of the city of Chang'an, being the part of the city that was the first to evacuate from the disaster, was in good condition compared to the rest of the city. Although the other parts of the city had been shut down, meaning that all shops there were closed, the North had its shops open like normal. For most people outside of Yan, this was something strange. Even Yanese people would think that this was something of an oddity for Chang'an to still have their businesses active.

There was a reason why this was the case. The prince of Yan, Ying Ren, said that business should continue as per normal, with his reason being that the whole situation was under control. Although a few people were sceptical of this statement, most of the residents obliged without much question.

The Yanese's loyalty toward the royal family was second to none.

As such, the shops on this side of the city were open. With how early it was, people were just opening their shops to start the day like how they had always been. Besides the shops that were opening, there were some benches lining the sides of the road.

On one of those benches, there were two people sitting on them.

Those two people were newly sisters.

Nian was wearing her usual getup. The white shorts matched perfectly with her bright orange shirt. To finish her whole set was Lin Ye's black hoodie covering her top, though it was too big for her, making the sleeves cover her hands. She was swinging her legs because of how short she was, and a smile could be seen on her face. Nian almost did not sleep because of how excited she was for today.

She was going on a date with Gege!

The moment Miss Dragon left her with Lily to wait for Gege was the moment that the smile on her face could not be dampened. She was practically jumping in her seat.

Lily was a different case. She was a nervous wreck. If Nian almost did not sleep because of how excited she was, Lily did so out of nervousness.

Even before coming to this place to wait for Lin Ye, she took almost an hour to pick the clothes she would wear. She would have been late if not for Mr Hu finally helping her pick what to wear.

If she had to say, her servant did a fantastic job.

Lily was wearing a white blouse that had long sleeves that had frills at the end of them, tucked into a long black casual skirt that was held in place by a leather belt that matched its colour. To top it all off, she wore a black beret on her head. Her long black hair was also combed nicely, making it silkier than normal. Her get-up was a great combination of simple and comfortable.

At first, Lily was worried that people here would notice her, but she remembered that the public only saw her when she was dressed up as the princess. The first time she saw herself in the mirror wearing this outfit, she thought she was looking at a different person.

In hopes of calming her thoughts, Lily glanced to her side at Nian, her... sister. Just the idea of her getting a new sister was something that Lily needed to get used to. Although she was conflicted about this new situation, seeing how close Nian was with Gege, she was okay with having a new sister.

Seeing how Nian was cheerfully swinging her legs, Lily was envious of how carefree she was.

Just as Lily's thoughts began to wander, she heard footsteps slowly getting closer to them. Both of them spun their heads towards the source of the sound and saw their Gege walking toward them with a smile on his face.

Lin Ye was wearing a simple black shirt with a pair of jeans, and his black hair seemed to have grown a bit longer now and was unkempt. Lily could see two swords on his waist. One of them was Zhan Lu. Lin Ye stopped just a few feet from them. With his left hand still in his pocket, he raised his other hand and waved at them.