Ch 623: There Is No If

Kal'tsit always considered Lin Ye as the successor of the 'late' Doctor. She knew that Lin Ye considered himself a mere tool for Rhodes Island to use anytime if they ever wanted to. That idea did not sit right with her in the slightest.

She needed to make sure Lin Ye thought of himself as more than just a tool or else history will repeat itself.

It was too similar to what she thought of herself.

Kal'tsit will not repeat this ever again.

She failed once; she will not fail again.

Kal'tsit knew that she could not keep Lin Ye on the Landship forever. Lin Ye needed to go outside and interact with people to get partnerships for Rhodes Island. That and for his mental well-being. Warfarin told her that Lin Ye was fascinated with what was on Terra. If she forced him to stay on the Landship, it was like she was treating him like a pet rather than a person.

Although she was conflicted in this decision, she gave Lin Ye a green light to go to Laterano.

This was the best thing she could do for him.

Kal'tsit folded her arms and leaned back on her chair. She stared at the people in the room. Operator Exusiai already left, saying she needed to start packing her things to go to Lungmen.

Amiya was standing next to her. In her hands, there were files on Laterano that they knew about. Although it was not much, it might be able to help Lin Ye who was going there as their representative.

Speaking about Lin Ye, he was now sitting comfortably in front of her desk, waiting for her to start their conversation. She had to say, Lin Ye really knows what to say in tense situations. He managed to deal with Exusiai expertly and calmed her down enough to get valuable information from her. Seems like those rumours about him were actually true after all.

Seeing that he was waiting for her to talk, Kal'tsit placed her arms on the armrest and leaned toward him.

"This meeting is important to us, to Rhodes Island," She started, "If we are successful in gaining a trade relationship with Laterano, it will help Rhodes Island in developing for the future."

Lin Ye hummed at the news.

"That is not the only reason, no? We already got Yan behind us," He asked, "The cure. That is why we are reaching out to them."

Kal'tsit nodded.

"Yes, this is also related to the cure," Kal'tsit confirmed, "If-."

"When," Lin Ye smirked as he cut her off, "There is no if."

Kal'tsit and Amiya raised a brow at this. He was confident in getting that partnership. They looked at each other and smiled. Kal'tsit looked back at him and nodded.

"Yes, my mistake," She hummed, "When we get the partnership with Laterano, it will be much easier and safer for us to export the cure to them."

Nodding to this, Lin Ye smiled.

"Good to hear," Lin Ye looked at Amiya, "Am I to assume those files are for me?"

Amiya smiled at him and handed the document in her hand to him.

"This is all recorded information that we have on Laterano," Amiya said and Lin Ye took the papers away from her, "We gathered them from our past interaction with them and some of our Operators. It may be little but I believe it will come in useful for you, Dokutah."

Lin Ye glanced at the papers in his hands.

The Lateran Church governed the nation.

That was something that he knew already. What caught his interest was who led the Church?