Ch 654: Hope

The sound of a bathroom door opening echoed in the room. Walking out from it was Kal'tsit, fully dressed in more comfortable attire, a rare sight for anyone to ever see on the Landship. Based on how there was water dripping from her hair, the leader of Rhodes Island must have just taken a bath. And if the steam that was coming out from the bathroom was an indicator of anything, it must be a hot one at that.

It may not seem like it, but Kal'tsit also enjoyed the small things in life. One of them was a hot bath after a busy day. Not many knew this side of her. The side that enjoyed a relaxing hot bath.

Although she did not do it on purpose, the people on the Landship considered her to be... cold.

One of those few people was Amiya.

And she found new people to be added to that small list of people.

Lin Ye.

Those two people made the doctor think.

As she expected Amiya was doing amazing with her being the head of Rhodes Island. Although she was given the position at a young age, Amiya showed everyone she was capable of leading a company as big as Rhodes Island.

Lin Ye on the other hand. He was anything but expected. Everything that he did, Kal'tsit never considered he could do. With just his help, Rhodes Island was better now. Two countries were now on their side and from the calls that she got these past days, Laterano might even be their third.

That same man was now their current Doctor.

Kal'tsit hummed as she made her way to the kitchen. She was about to get a simple coffee, but she remembered something that the Doctor told her while he was still there.

"Black coffee..." She muttered that to herself.

Now with that, she made her way to a drawer and dug into it. After a while, the doctor finally found what she wanted. Pulling it out stared at the small package in her hand.

Grind coffee beans.

Lin Ye gave them to her before he left for Laterano. He said that she might be someone that enjoyed black coffee. He explained that the beverage gave a lot of benefits to people.

It stimulated the nervous system, boosting the release of neurotransmitters, such as dopamine and norepinephrine. Lin Ye called them 'happy chemicals that make you feel joyful and positive. Caffeine in black coffee increases excitability in the brain, improves mood and facilitates a more productive environment by enhancing cognitive skills.

He may be biased when he told all of this to her though. Lin Ye did admit that it was his favourite coffee after all.

However, with his track record of reading people correctly, Kal'tsit trusted his judgement.

With that, she remembered how to make black coffee. Lin Ye did teach her how.

She boiled about 600 grams of water. Adding a filter to your dripper, Kal'tsit filled it with ground coffee. After gently tapping the surface, she poured it into a cup.

And with that, she finished.

With her cup of hot black coffee, she made her way to her desk. Kal'tsit still needed to go through some files.

As she was making her way to the desk, she looked around her room. Although Rhodes Island considered everyone on the Landship equal, she did have some benefits of being one of the heads of the company.

Her room was far larger than most operators. The only room rivalling its size was Lin Ye's.

There was a wall dedicated only to housing rows of books. Their content all varied, although most of them were related to Originium.