Ch 554: To Protect

"I'm back."

Lin Ye did not know how he could say this line so well. Maybe it was his brain going on autopilot and reacting on its one when this girl came in, flying into his room for the window and hugging him out of nowhere.

His brain must see how this girl was sad, crying into his chest, and ordered his body to comfort her without his permission.

Those two words left his mouth like it was programmed into his very bones when he saw her cry.

He really did not mind it. The best he could do now was lightly pat the crying girl on his chest as he cry her heart out.

Both of them stay like this, Lin Ye laying on the floor and the girl crying on his chest, for about a few minutes. Then her cries slowly calm down and Lin Ye could only hear her slow breath. Her trembling body was now much calmer than before.

Lin Ye was about to say something to this girl but was interrupted when he saw the girl raise her head to look at him. He could feel slight pain when he saw those dark black eyes staring at him.

Then he saw her eyes widen, like she realized something. Her arms then shoot up and grabbed onto his collar. She brought her face inches away from his. Her narrowed eyes stared at his confused ones.

Then he heard her speak again. She sounded angry now.

"Why are you here?!" Ying Li said through her clenched teeth, "You're alive! You can leave all of this behind! Live a life that you deserve! So why?! Why are you here?!"

Being shouted at a girl that jumped through his window left Lin Ye speechless. He did not know what she was talking about and did not know how to answer her question. Even if he had an answer, the girl was not finished yelling at him.

"You worked so hard! Fought so hard!" Her voice trembled with every word she said, "Why are you here?! Ying Zhen! Do you want to die in front of me this time?! Answer me!"

Ying Zhen? Was this her brother's name? She seemed to mistake him for someone else. Was his face that similar to her brother's for her to not realise this?

And Ying? Why was this name sound so familiar? No matter. He needed to deal with this first.

As Lin Ye was about to explain himself, he heard glass breaking. Both he and the girl moved their head to the side to see that it was coming from FEater. He noticed there were two broken mugs and there were coffee spills on the floor below her.

At first, FEater came here to give Lin Ye some coffee and chatted with him. She enjoyed spending some time talking with him. She did not expect something that would come in a movie scene to happen in front of her. So she waited on the sideline to let this play out and see what will happen. She taught this girl looked familiar, but she wasn't sure.

However, when she heard the girl saying that name and she got a good look at the girl, FEater was shocked, so much that she let the cups in her hands fall.

"P-P-Princess!" Pointing at the girl, FEater stammered.

Lin Ye's eyes widened and spun around his head to the girl above him.

The who now?!

He shouted in his mind. Then he realized how similar this girl was to the photo of the princess that he saw from the other. Her name was Ying Li, right?

That was the princess of Yan's name.

....

Why was the princess here?!

That meant that he was talking to the princess of this country privately for two days now.

Then he realized he should have guessed who she was sooner. All the clues were in front of him.