Skadi gasped at her chest and looked down at it.

There was nothing.

No hole.

No javelin.

She was fine.

The pain still lingered in her heart.

Her heart was still beating like it was fighting for its life. The lungs in herself felt they were on fire.

What was wrong with her?

She made sure no harm was made to herself after the fight.

This was something Skadi never experienced before.

It was like a snake was tightening its body around her heart, suffocating her with each movement.

What was wrong with her?

What was this feeling?

It might be just her body telling her to get some rest. Skadi forced herself to finish a job that normally needed her three months to do in one month.

It might just be her imagination.

That was the most reasonable thing to think of in this whole situation.

However...

Skadi knew better than to think lightly of what she was feeling now.

Her body wouldn't react like this just out of whim.

Although the feeling disappeared as fast as it came, Skaid's mind still lingered on what just happened.

"As expected of the Sword of the Tides."

Her thoughts were cut short when a man let himself be known to her with his voice.

"You dealt with our problem with such ease. No wonder you're considered as the—!"

What the man was about to say died in his mouth. And if his eyes were not fooling him, it won't be long before he would share the same fate as them as well.

Who wouldn't think like that with what he was facing now?

In front of him were two blood-red orbs staring at him. It felt like if he did a single wrong move, he would become a past tense.

He finally knew why so many fear her now.

In front of him was a person that could easily slice a mountain in two with just a simple swing of her sword.

He did not need to be a genius to know what would happen if she attacked him instead.

"What?"

He would not lie, the man almost pissed himself after hearing that.

How could a word sound so terrifying?

Skadi regained her control and she fiddled with the hair clip again. Retracting her eyes from the man, she looked in another direction.

It was where Rhodes Island was.

Not being stared down by her again, the man finally regained some semblance of courage and continued where he left off.

"H-here's your payment."

Albeit, his voice did tremble a lot.

With hands that were shakier than a leaf in a storm, the man held a pouch of money toward her.

Skadi stared back at the man with glowing red eyes.

This was the final nail in the coffin for the man as he dropped the pouch on the sand and left.