Chapter 26 - You're Alive?!

1st Person POV - BadBoyHalo

"DARRYL! LOOK!" Vincent said as I turned my gaze to him. He was looking at Zak and I was confused so I looked down and my heart skipped a beat, Zak had opened his eyes. I didn't know how to react, I just saw my best friend be taken away by death but now he was alive again. "Z...Zak..." I said as I had tears still streaming down my face. "Hey, Darryl..." Zak said weakly, I pulled him close to me and hugged him, Vincent also came over and hugged Zak too. "We thought we lost you..." Vincent said through breaths because he was still crying. When we let Zak go I was the first to speak, "B...But how? You died... How are you back...?" I asked really confused, Zak glanced at Vincent and then at me before replying.

"I... Um... I did die... But it wasn't my time to join them... From what I was told from Techno..." Zak said and my mouth hit the floor, "TECHNO AS IN TECHNOBLADE?!" I said in disbelief and he nodded. I couldn't believe what I was hearing, Zak had met Technoblade in the afterlife. But I shook the thoughts away as tears blurred my vision once more. I hugged Zak and I could feel my heart aching, "I...I thought... I thought I lost you..." I said between breaths, Zak then hugged me back, "You didn't... You never will..." Zak replied. I pulled away from Zak and I could see tears forming in his eyes causing them to go glossy. "I honestly thought I lost you..." Zak said as tears started to fall down his face.

"Did you mean what you said?" Zak asked me and I was confused, "What do you mean?" I asked kinda confused, "You said that you loved me and you wished you told me before I left you so... Do you truly love me?" Zak asked and my heart started to race, "Yes of course I love you, I always have and I'm so sorry I never told you... But you should've told me about you having hanahaki because if you told me sooner you wouldn't have gone through this and I would've been able to help you..." I said and Zak looked guilty, "I'm sorry... I just didn't want you to worry..." Zak said sounding guilty, "I'm your friend Zak, I'm meant to worry about you," I told him and Zak smiled. I then realized that I was still holding Zak in my arms. My face turned red as I let Zak go but from Zak's face he was also blushing.

"Zak I thought I'd never see you again..." Vincent said as tears fell from his eyes. Zak went over to him and hugged him, "That won't happen Vincent, and you know that" Zak said reassuring him. Zak let Vincent go and turned to me then back to Vincent. "Can we have a moment alone?" Zak asked and Vincent nodded as he got up and left the room. Zak then got to his feet and so did I. Zak walked over to the door and closed it, he also locked it. I was confused why would Zak lock the door if we were just gonna talk? Zak turned back to me and walked over to me. When he reached me he grabbed my hands and held them in his own. I then started to blush and Zak also started to blush. "I should have done this a long time ago," Zak said as he leaned his face closer to mine, our lips inches apart. I knew what Zak was gonna do. I nodded telling Zak he could do it and without hesitation, Zak leaned in and kissed me. I kissed back, this felt right. Nothing else mattered, all my fears of Zak not liking me back were gone and I didn't care what the future held for us because I knew whatever it did hold for us I would go through it with Zak by my side.

Word Count - 674