Chapter 14 - The Truth

TW - Vomiting, Mention Of SH (Self Harm), Mention Of Blood Mention Of Murder

1st Person POV - BadBoyHalo

I was shocked, Zak actually wanted to tell me about his scars. "A...are you sure Zak?" I asked, I was generally worried that this may be a bad time. He nodded, "I'm sure," he said, I wasn't truly convinced but I just stayed silent and waited for Zak to start explaining the reasoning for his scars.

"When I was younger I had a rough childhood... I never truly got along with anyone because a lot of people hated me... I was the loner in school, I was always bullied and had to do what the popular kids asked of me even if it got me in trouble... But when I was in fourth grade I met a girl named Frost and she was my first true friend... She understood me and even protected me from the bullies in school... But that would all change at the end of fourth grade..." Zak explained and I was already shocked, "At the end of fourth grade me and Frost were really excited for fifth grade but then this boy called Lucas came over and started bullying us... He told Frost that she shouldn't hang out with me because I was a loner and didn't deserve friends... But she just turned him down and told him to back off and said that I was her friend... But then Lucas got so mad that he grabbed a knife and... and stabbed Frost..." Zak said and I could hear that his voice was breaking and I could see tears falling from his eyes. I moved closer to him and put my arm around him to comfort him. He looked at me and smiled then continued his story.

"I fell to my knees with tears pouring out of my eyes and she said the one thing that broke my heart... she said to move on and not mourn over her and she told me that she loved me... I then got to my feet and turned to Lucas and turned into something... I don't know what I turned into but I flew over to Lucas grabbed the knife and stabbed him... But I didn't kill him... I could see the fear in Lucas's eyes and I told him if he ever comes near me again I would kill him... I then turned back to normal and dropped the knife and just ran out of the school... When I got home that day my mum and dad were out so I just went inside the house and closed the door behind me... But then I did something that I shouldn't have done... I...I grabbed a pocket knife from one of the drawers in the kitchen and I...I cut myself... I wanted to feel the same pain Lucas did... I cut myself to where both my arms were covered in bleeding cuts... I hated that I hurt someone... I didn't even mean to..." Zak said as he broke down in tears. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close and hugged him. Zak didn't hesitate he just cried into my shoulder. I honestly felt really bad for Zak, I had no idea he went through all that.

"I...I had no idea, Zak... I'm so sorry you went through all that..." I said sounding sad for the boy still in my arms. He pulled away and wiped the tears from his eyes, "It's okay... It happened a long time ago..." Zak told me but I could tell that it still hurt him. "Zak... I mean it... I'm sorry you went through that... I honestly wish I was there to help you..." I said sounding pretty sad myself. Zak put a hand on my shoulder and I looked into his eyes when he spoke. "Darryl it's fine... I mean I'm not a loner anymore am I, I have you and Vincent and the entire IDotsSMP" Zak said and I smiled, he was right. Zak then hugged me which I wasn't expecting, "thank's for being a great friend Darryl," Zak said and I felt tears form in my eyes and hugged him back, "no problem Zak," I said. Zak then pulled away suddenly and covered his mouth. He then got off the bed and ran out of the room. I was confused and concerned, 'what was that about?'

1st Person POV - Skeppy

I ran out of my room, away from Darryl and ran to my bathroom. When I got there I just fell to my knees and vomited into the toilet. For a moment I couldn't breathe yet again but then I heard the door close, I panicked but I couldn't look up to see who it was. I just coughed again and I could breathe again. I took long deep breaths as I fell back but I was caught by someone. I looked to my left and saw that it was Vincent. I sighed in relief that it wasn't Darryl who had seen me like this. I looked at Vincent's face and saw that he looked horrified. I wasn't surprised. Tears then formed in Vincent's eyes and he hugged me.

"Oh Vincent..." was all I could say as I hugged Vincent back, "oh Skeppy... I was so worried... I saw you bolt to the bathroom and I knew why so that's why I followed you..." he explained still holding me in his arms. "Heh... I'm honestly glad YOU saw me like this... because if Darryl saw me like this-" I said as I was interrupted by a cough, "yeah that would be bad" Vincent responded finishing my sentence. I then heard a knock at the bathroom door and my heart skipped a beat and from the look on Vincent's face he felt the same way I did and we were thinking the same thing. It was Darryl.

Word Count - 980