Chapter 5 - He's Here... And He Saw Them...

TW - Slight Blood

1st Person POV - Skeppy

I woke up the next morning feeling really tired because of how late I was up last night. But I am jolted awake when I hear knocking at my front door. I then grabbed my phone and checked the time and saw that it was 10:04am. I then remembered what Bad said he'd do, 'that HAS to be him... He said he would come today...' I said in my head, I then started to panic, I didn't know what to do. I then took deep breaths to calm down then I got out of bed and put my phone back on my bedside table. I heard knocking again so I left my bedroom and went down the hall to the front door. When I reached it, I just stood there, shaking. 'If it's Bad he's gonna be very concerned about me because of how I look...' I said but then pulled up all my strength and turned the doorknob. When I opened the door, I saw a tall man standing there and he had dirty blond hair and was wearing all gray. When I looked at their face my heart skipped a beat... It was Bad?!

A huge smile then spread across my face, and I hugged the man, and he hugged me back. When we pulled away, I had tears forming in my eyes. "Bad!" I said happily, "Skeppy, it's great to finally meet you in person" he says with a big smile. I then saw Bad's smile fall into a frown, and he now had a concerned face. I knew why. "Zak are you okay?" he asked in concern, hearing Bad say my real name made my heart flutter, but I shook the feeling away and just turned away. "I'm fine" I say trying not to sound hoarse, Bad then put his hand on my shoulder and used his other hand to move my head, so I was looking into his eyes. "I know you're lying, Zak stop being stubborn and let me help you" Bad said, I then pulled away. "Darryl I'm fine!" I snapped at him, I then saw his face turn from concerned to shocked because I just snapped at him and called him by his real name.

"B...Bad I...I'm sorry... I didn't mean to snap at you..." I say looking down at my feet in guilt. Bad then lifted my head up so I was looking at his face, and he smiled. "It's okay, Skeppy" Bad said and I smiled in return. I then coughed into my hoodie sleeve and stared in shock when I pulled it away. I saw blood on my sleeve. I then quickly put my arm down and faced Bad. "I'll be right back" I say, I then ran down the hall to my bathroom and locked the door. I then stood against it in shock and horror. 'I can't let him find out... I have to wait until A6D gets here...' I said in my thoughts but then I heard a knock at the bathroom door. "Skeppy, are you okay?" he asked, "Yes I'm fine" I replied, "are you sure?" he now sounded concerned, "yes I'm sure just meet me in my room, it's across the hall" I say and begged for Bad to go away. "Okay Skeppy, I'll meet you in your room" he said as I heard his footsteps get further away then I sighed.

'I can't let Bad find out' I said in my head then I took my hoodie off and when I did, I saw scars on my right arm. I then put my hoodie in the laundry basket and made sure to hide the blood-stained sleeve. I then left the bathroom and went to my bedroom where Bad was waiting for me. He was sitting on my bed, on his phone. I went over to him and sat next to him and made sure to hide my scared-up arm. "Oh Skeppy, hey, are you okay?" Bad asked, I was getting kinda annoyed that he kept asking that, but I knew he was just concerned about me. "I'm fine" I say with a smile, Bad also smiled back. "So, Darryl, what do you think of my place?" I asked, breaking the awkward silence that had been two seconds ago. "It's pretty great Zak" he said, and my heart fluttered when he said my real name, but I shook the feeling off to make sure my disease didn't interrupt this moment. "Did you bring anything?" I asked, he nodded, "yeah I did, it's in my car, I should go get it" he says as he gets up and puts his phone in his pocket. "I can help you" I said, "that would be helpful, thanks Zak" he said, and I smiled, and we went to Darryl's car to get his things.

It took us a few minutes to get all Darry's things in the house, but we managed to do it together. "Thanks for that Zak" he said, and I smiled as a response. As I looked at his face, I saw him looking at my right arm and I felt my heart skip a beat. 'My scars...' I then hid my right arm, so my scars weren't showing. "Zak... You have scars..." He said and I then had tears in my eyes. 'He saw them...' I then turned and ran to my bedroom and shut the door and locked it. I sat against the door and cradled my legs close to my chest and started sobbing. I then felt something sit against the other side of the door and I knew who it was... Bad...

Word Count - 947