Chapter 16 - Why Would He Do It Again...?

1st Person POV - BadBoyHalo

TW - Slight Blood

I was sitting on my bed in my room with tears in my eyes. I didn't ever think that Zak would ever go off at me like that. But I also caused Zak to go off at me so I was to blame. I put my phone on my bedside table and stood up from my bed. 'I have to apologize...' I said in my mind as I left the room and went to the lounge room and kitchen area. "Hey Skeppy I'm sorry for-" I said cutting myself off. I stared in shock when I saw Skeppy on his knees, on the kitchen floor. I then saw his bleeding arms and I rushed over to him. I bent down beside him and I could hear quiet crying. My heart almost skipped a beat when I saw a knife beside Skeppy. I grabbed the knife, stood up and put it in the sink, then went back to Skeppy.

"Zak... why would you do this...?" I asked, he slowly turned his gaze on me and I could see the pain in his eyes but he didn't respond. "Vincent! I Need You!" I called out, not leaving Zak's side. He came rushing in but when he saw Zak he was really concerned. "I need a first aid kit STAT!" I ordered sounding slightly panicked. "I don't know where it is!" Vincent said also sounding panicked. "There should be one in the cabinet in the bathroom, hurry!" I told him and he bolted off to get it. A Few seconds later Vincent returned with the first aid kit. I opened it and took out bandages and started wrapping Zak's arms up, Zak didn't hesitate.

"Uhh... Darryl, I hear a phone ringing and It's not mine" Vincent said as I finished wrapping up Zak's left arm. I then heard the ringing phone. "Oh it's mine, can you go get it, Vincent, it should be on the bedside table in my room," I said and Vincent left to go get my phone. He returned shortly after and handed me the phone and I answered it without seeing who was calling. I moved over to Zak's right side so I could bandage his other arm. "Hello?" I said to the phone, "Hey Bad" I heard a voice reply and I knew who it was. "Oh hey Dream," I said my voice sounding a bit shaky. "Are you okay Bad?" Dream asked sounding concerned, I picked up the phone and gave it to Vincent, "Vincent explain to Dream what has just happened I need to finish bandaging Zak" I explained and Vincent nodded as he left the kitchen to talk to Dream.

I finished bandaging Zak and closed the first aid kit and put it on the kitchen counter. I then helped Zak to his feet, it was clear he was also shaken up by the events that just played out. "I'm sorry..." I heard him whisper as I helped him to his room. When we got to his room Zak sat down on his bed and I sat beside him. Vincent then came in and handed my phone back to me. "What did Dream say?" I asked, "he said that he hopes Zak can recover from this and he hopes that you are also doing okay" Vincent explained, I thanked him and he left the room so me and Zak could be alone.

"I'm sorry..." Zak whispered again, "I didn't mean to..." he added as his voice began to break. I pulled him close, making sure not to hurt his bandaged arms. "Why did you do it?" I asked, "because I hated that I hurt you..." he answered, I honestly didn't think Zak would actually answer that. "I never meant to snap at you..." he added. I held him close as he started to cry, it broke my heart to hear my best friend cry, let alone in my arms. "It's okay Zak, I forgive you... I should be the one apologizing, not you..." I murmured, Zak then pulled away and looked confused. He wiped the tears from his face before he spoke. "Why?" he asked, I then took a deep breath. "Because ever since I came here all I've been doing is being overprotective and I know I've said this before but it's true..." I replied, answering Zak's question. Zak then put a hand on my shoulder, "you have nothing to apologize for... you were just being a good friend..." he reassured me but I wasn't convinced, but I didn't reply.

"And again... I'm sorry for making you worry like that..." he said not making eye contact. "It's okay Zak, just promise me that you will NEVER do that again," I said using a stern tone, he nodded as his response. I then pulled out my pinkie, "Promise?" I said and he hooked his pinkie around mine, "Promise" he said sounding sincere.

Word Count - 822