"You'd better come up," said Xenophilius, still looking extremely uncomfortable, and he led the way. 

The room above seemed to be a combination of living room andworkplace, and as such, was even more cluttered than the kitchen.Though much smaller and entirely round, the room somewhat resembled the Room of Requirement.

Luna wasn't there; The thing making such a racketwas a wooden object covered in magically turning cogs and wheels.It looked like the bizarre offspring of a workbench and a set of oldshelves, 

"Excuse me," said Xenophilius, and he strode over to the machine, seized a grubby tablecloth from beneath an immense numberof books and papers, which all tumbled onto the floor, and threwit over the press, somewhat muffling the loud bangs and clatters.He then faced Harry. "Why have you come here?" 

Before Harry could speak, Hermione lot out a smallcry of shock. "Mr. Lovegood—what's that?" She was pointing at an enormous, gray spiral horn, not unlikethat of a unicorn, which had been mounted on the wall, protrudingseveral feet into the room. 

"It is the horn of a Crumple-Horned Snorkack," said Xenophilius

"No it isn't!" said Hermione. 

"Hermione," muttered Harry "now's not themoment— " 

"But Harry, it's an Erumpent horn! It's a Class B TradeableMaterial and it's an extraordinarily dangerous thing to have in ahouse!" 

"How d'you know it's an Erumpent horn?" asked Ron, edgingaway from the horn as fast as he could

"There's a description in Fantastic Beasts and Where to FindThem! Mr. Lovegood, you need to get rid of it straightaway, don'tyou know it can explode at the slightest touch?" 

"The Crumple-Horned Snorkack," said Xenophilius very clearly "is a shy and highly magical creature,and its horn— " 

"Mr. Lovegood, I recognise the grooved markings around thebase, that's an Erumpent horn and it's incredibly dangerous— Idon't know where you got it— " 

"I bought it," said Xenophilius "two weeks ago,from a delightful young wizard who knew of my interest in theexquisite Snorkack. A Christmas surprise for my Luna. Now," he said, turning to Harry, "why exactly have you come here, Mr.Potter?" 

"We need some help," said Harry,

"Ah," said Xenophilius. "Help. Hmm." His good eye moved again to Harry's scar. He seemed simultaneously terrified and mesmerized. "Yes. The thing is . . . helping Harry Potter . . . and Briar Lupin...rather dangerous . . . " 

"Aren't you the one who keeps telling everyone it's their firstduty to help Harry?" said Ron. "In that magazine of yours?" 

Xenophilius glanced behind him at the concealed printing press,still banging and clattering beneath the tablecloth. "Er—yes, I have expressed that view. However—" 

"That's for everyone else to do, not you personally?" said Ron.Xenophilius did not answer. He kept swallowing, his eyes darting between the three of them. 

"Where's Luna?" asked Briar "Let's see what she thinks." 

Xenophilius gulped. He seemed to be steeling himself. Finallyhe said in a shaky voice difficult to hear over the noise of theprinting press, "Luna is down at the stream, fishing for FreshwaterPlimpies. She . . . she will like to see you. I'll go and call her andthen—very well. I shall try to help you." He disappeared down the spiral staircase and they heard thefront door open and close. 

"Cowardly old wart," said Ron. "Luna's got ten times his guts." 

"He's probably worried about what'll happen to them if theDeath Eaters find out we were here," said Harry.