Banff (Part 1)

The next morning the girls awoke to knocking on the door.

"Tay, can I come in please?" Josh asked.

Jita looked at Taylee.

"It's fine, Jita. I'm ready to talk."

Jita got out of bed, wrapped a spare blanket around her then opened the door.

"Don't be a dick." she said as she walked by Josh. She went to find Jake.

Josh walked in and closed the door. He sat a cup of coffee down on the ledge beside Taylee. Then he sat down on the bed by her and rested his hand on her arm.

"I don't know what else to say right now but I'm sorry." he looked at the floor.

"It's going to take a lot more than that."

"I know." he looked at her. "I'm sorry I'm so jealous. I do trust you and Sam. I'm just so scared that one day you're going to wake up and realize I'm not what you want. I'm afraid you'll realize that you could get much better because you definitely could."

"Josh--" she started.

"Let me finish." he sighed. "I've never felt like the best looking guy. I've always been compared to my brothers and let's face it, they're both hotter than me. Hell, even Ronnie is hotter than me."

Taylee opened her mouth to talk then decided against it. She wanted to hear what else he had to say.

"You could have-- you deserve much better than me, Tay. And I'm terrified that you'll realize that and leave me. Whether it be with Sam or any other guy out there. I fully trust you, Taylee, I swear. I'm sorry I made you feel like I didn't. And I know I insulted you by insinuating you could do the same thing your ex did to you. That was horrible of me."

He moved over and laid down next to her. He put his hand on her cheek and looked her straight in the eyes.

"I love you so much, Tay. I swear I'm done with this childish, jealous shit. I'm so sorry that I hurt you."

She kissed him. When she pulled away she saw her tear on his cheek. She wiped it away.

"Can I say something now?"

"Of course."

"Number one, you're 1000x more attractive than your siblings. Trust me on that."

Josh smiled.

"Number two, if I was going to cheat on you I wouldn't waste it with someone like Sam. Maybe Johnny Depp." she smirked.

Josh rolled his eyes. "I hate that guy." he smiled again.

"I forgive you, Joshy. Just please don't let it happen again. If you truly trust me and Sam it shouldn't.

"I do."

"Then that's that."

"I want some time to ourselves when we get to Banff."

"Yeah? How are we going to do that?"

"I'll find a way. I promise. Banff is gorgeous." Josh pulled her into a cuddle. "Plus, we have four days there. Surely they can spare a few hours for us."

"That sounds lovely. I've always wanted to go to Banff. I'm so lucky to have you and this life."

"No, I'm the lucky one." he kissed her.

Taylee sat up and started drinking her coffee. They talked about their plans for Banff and other things until they heard the others moving around outside the door.

"Let's go snuggle on the couch." Taylee suggested.

They got up and Josh grabbed the blanket off the bed. Taylee took her coffee in and sat down on the couch next to Sam.