A Phone Call

Months had gone by since the concert and Taylee had not heard from Josh. Was it even really his number? Should she text him? No, she couldn't do that. She never was the one to make the first move. She sat at her desk in the office staring at her phone. She sighed and put it back in her drawer. 

After work she got in her car and started home. As she turned out of the parking lot her phone began to buzz.

Josh's name flashed on the screen. Her heart sank to her stomach. Could this be real?

"Hello?"

"Taylee?"

"Yeah"?

"Hey! It's Josh.. Uh.. Kiszka. How are you?"

"Josh! It's so good to hear from you! I'm doing great! How is the tour?"

Josh went on about the different shows they had done and explained that the tour was finally over. He apologized for not getting in touch with her but that he had so much going on and that he needed to focus. Of course she understood that. He asked about her life and job and she asked about his. They talked for nearly two hours before Josh said, "Well, I'm quite tired. I think I'm going to hit the sack."

"Me too." Taylee replied. "I've really enjoyed talking to you and getting to know you, Josh."

"Likewise! We should do this more often. You said you have two weeks of vacation to use in July right? My brothers and I are planning to stay in a cabin in the Smokeys for a while. Would you want to come?" he asked.

"Like stay in a cabin with you guys?"

"Yeah! We are going to be working on a new album and plan to have some fun while we're there. So what do you say, are you up for it?"

"You know what? Sure! That sounds fun!"

"Great! I will text you the details. We plan to head there around the 1st of July."

They said their goodbyes as Taylee started her nightly routine. After washing her face, brushing her teeth, and putting on her pajamas she laid down in bed and opened her laptop. Her phone dinged. It was Josh with the details of the trip. She used her laptop to book a train and texted him back.

"I've got my train ride booked. I should arrive in Nashville around 8:25 a.m. on July 1st."

"Perfect. I'll pick you up. 😊"