The Good News

Taylee wakes up early the next morning. She goes downstairs to sit on the couch and pops a couple of Advil. She pulls up her work email on her phone dreading having to go back in a few days. She sees a mass email from her boss titled Internal Job Posting:

Staff,

There has been a new job opening for the Remote Account Manager position. You would be expected to meet with clients in different areas of choice and managing the corresponding accounts. The external job posting will be active tomorrow if the position is not filled internally. If interested please get in touch with Emily in Accounts and post your resume using the link on the staff website.

Thank you.

Taylee's heart skipped a beat. Could this be fate working again? She quietly goes up to the bedroom and gets her laptop. She sits on the couch, opens up the staff website and clicks on the job posting. With this job her pay would increase and they would also pay for travel expenses. She would only have to report to the office once a month and could work from anywhere the rest of the time. She submitted her resume and sent an email to Emily letting her know she was interested. She closed her laptop and went to the kitchen to start coffee. 

As the coffee finished brewing her phone dinged. It was an email from Emily:

Taylee,

Thank you for your interest in the Remote Account Manager position! We are looking into your resume and experience and will get back with you after we have made a decision this evening. 

Taylee smiled and put her phone in her pocket as she heard footsteps come down the stairs.

"Morning Sammy."

Sam grunted in response as he sat down on the couch. She brought him the bottle of Advil, a bottle of water and a cup of coffee. He kissed her cheek as a thank you and sipped his coffee. Taylee decided to read on the porch until everyone else got out of bed.

Hannah was first and joined Taylee on the porch.

"I should not have drank that much last night." she said drinking some water.

"Me either. I definitely regret it."

Taylee told her about Josh's question and her hesitation. She also told her about the job opportunity.

"Do you think this is fate?"

"It could be. But is there any way to really know? Just go with your gut Taylee. Or your heart. Whichever has steered you in the right direction before."

"My heart says to be with Josh. But my gut says to play it safe."

"I get that. The right answer will come to you in time. You just have to have faith in the universe."

"Thanks Hannah."

--

The group sits around the fire pit as Josh and Jake stack wood. 

"No, Jake. Let me light it! You know I love fire."

"Of course, Joshy." Jake says annoyed.

Josh lights the fire then sits down next to Taylee as her phone rings. 

"I have to take this. I'll be right back."

She walks into the living room.

"Hello?"

"Taylee?"

"Yes?"

"This is Emily with Accounts. Do you have a minute to talk?"

Taylee's heart starts beating rapidly. "Yeah, of course!"

"Perfect! I just wanted to call and let you know that we have decided you are the best candidate for the Remote Accounts Manager position. We would like to offer you the job!"

"Really? That's great! I accept! When would I start?"

"I realize you are on vacation until Monday but we would like to start the transfer now so that you are able to begin training when you return. How does that sound?"

"That sounds amazing! I do have a quick question though."

"Go ahead!"

"Would I be able to be stationed in Nashville?"

"Absolutely. We would send you a list of clients and you would be able to choose which ones you want to work with. If you wanted to choose those closer to Nashville that would be fine or you could use your travel budget to move around as well."

"That sound great, Emily. Thank you very much."

"We will see you on Monday!"

"See you then!"

Taylee hangs up the phone and walks back outside. She sits down next to Josh.

"Well you look happy. Who was that?" Josh asked putting his arm around her.

"Oh, just a call from fate."

"Whatever that means." 

They ended the night with smores and music. Jake and Sam playing guitar, Danny using a log as a drum, and the others singing along. When midnight came around they decided to go to bed.

"I have something I need to tell you Joshy." Taylee said getting into bed. 

"What's that?" He asked while changing into his pajamas.

"I got a new job."

"What? I didn't even know you were looking."

"Do you remember when we talked about how fate had a huge part in our lives?"

"Yeah?"

"Well it has really outdone itself this time. My new job is remote. I am able to station myself wherever I want. I can choose my clients and where I want to travel to at any time."

"That sounds great, Taylee."

"Which means I'm saying yes."

"Yes?"

"Yes. I would love to move in with you."

Josh basically tackles her onto the bed.

"I've never been happier than I am in this moment Taylee."

They talk out more details and decide on a move in date. Taylee is anxious about telling her family but knows they will understand in time.

"I do have one request before I move in."

"What's that?"

"I want you to come to Missouri with me and meet my family."

"I would absolutely love to."

He wraps her in his arms and they fall asleep together.