The Fire

Sam looked at Josh. "What are we going to do?"

"They may need help finding wood. I'm going with them." Josh said heading out the door behind Taylee and Jake.

Sam looked at Hannah and laughed. "Let's go help Danny get the fire started."

--

Taylee and Jake were walking through the woods when they heard footsteps behind them.

"Wait up!" Josh yelled out of breath.

"What did you think we needed your help?" Jake asked laughing.

"Well, you never know Jake." Josh said pushing himself in-between them.

Taylee started picking up sticks and small logs. She bent down to pick up another when a few sticks tumbled out of her arms. Jake ran over to help her. He grabbed her arms and adjusted them.

"There. That creates more of a table to help you hold them." He helped her pick up the ones she dropped. "Don't worry sugar Josh and I will get the rest."

At that Josh snapped his head towards Jake and gave him a dirty look.

They made their way back to the cabin and Danny motioned for Taylee to come to the fire pit. "We'll go ahead and put yours in the pit Taylee." Jake and Josh dropped their wood on the ground next to the pit and headed inside.

--

"What the hell Jake?!" Josh yelled as they got inside.

"What?" Jake said with a smirk.

"Why are you hitting on Taylee? You have a girlfriend remember?!"

"Of course I know that, Josh. What are you jealous?"

"What? What are you talking about Jake?"

"Why else would you be so mad at me if you didn't have feelings for her?"

Josh was unable to speak. Maybe he did have feelings for her. 

"I guess you're right." Josh said blushing.

"I knew it!" Sam yelled running and hugging his brother. "Sorry. I'm just really excited for you to find a good girl."

"Woah. We don't even know if she has mutual feelings Sam."

"She does." Hannah said coming down the stairs. "Woman's intuition."

"Well, make your move Josh. We all know you two have feelings for each other."

"When the time is right, Jake."

--

Taylee opened the door and walked inside. Everyone stopped talking and stared at her.

"Sorry, did I interrupt something?" she asked.

"No!" Josh said. "We were just discussing what food to prepare. Do you want to help me in the kitchen?"

"Sure." she replied.

"Want to play some cards?" Jake asked Sam. He nodded. They sat down at the table as Jake shuffled the cards.

Josh turned on the radio. "We need some good tunes!"

Taylee smiled. They began preparing the food while singing and dancing and having fun. The song Some Kind of Wonderful came on. During the chorus Josh came over and grabbed her hands. "Dance with me?" he asked.

He put one hand on her hip and held her hand in the other. They swayed back and forth laughing and singing. As the verse "Can I get a witness?" started Josh stopped and stared at her. He caressed her arms with his hands and asked "May I kiss you?"