Chapter Nineteen

"You want to be best friends!" I responded with a shocked expression, obviously joking.

"You know what I mean, silly." She playfully slapped my arm, and I blushed a bit, smiling.

"Do I really?" I grabbed her chin, pulling her down closer to me, and nibbled her nose slightly, sending her a toothy grin.

"Come on, Vin, before I change my mind," even though she was getting flustered now and avoiding eye contact.

I laughed at our stupidity.

I quickly placed soft, light kisses on her nose, saying, "I know what you mean, drummer girl. Dont worry. Me too"

We both sighed a breath of relief, and she fell into my arms.

And we just lay there peacefully.

▪️

Suddenly, loud music started playing; the beat was very hypnotic, and cheers echoed all around us, making Valerie sit up excitedly.

I think it was a remix of some sort of pop music.

The weight from my chest left, unwantedly, "Let's go dance!" Valerie exclaimed, pulling me from the ground. She brushed herself off, and in doing so, she lifted her dress slightly...

No! Not today, Satan!

She just astonishes me. She is just so, so beautiful. I don't even mean that in a sexual way; she is so immaculate, body and soul.

I'm blinded by her beauty.

I wish she could see through my eyes just for a moment to see how I truly see her.

I wish I was worthy of her...
I don't know why she'd want to be with a wretch like me.

I don't know how I even got to this stage in my life. But I'm glad I'm here since that's how I met Valerie.

Glancing at her, my breath hitched.

Her skin glistened in the moonlight, and her porcelain skin shone with innocence, but as we moved closer to the music, it was obvious she had different motives.

I could see the tease in the way her body moved and a desirable look in her eyes.

Fuck. I nearly groaned at her teasing.

She pulled me into a dance; it felt like we were floating, like that one scene from Casper. We are above everyone else, letting our emotions take over.

Her hips swayed and her arms swung like there was no tomorrow; she looked like an angel.

Who am I kidding? She IS an angel.

"Come on, you can dance better than that!" She shouted over the music, rocking her body against mine.

but I just looked at her. I admired her. I was infatuated by her.

To quote one of her favourite movies,

'You have bewitched me, body and soul'

Her mere presence beside mine made me want to melt away,

It's like she's a drug, and I can't get enough of her...

I held her close to me as we swayed from one side to another, acting as if no other people were near us. Her gorgeous smile never faltered, and I swam through the depths of her bright eyes, looking for a sign.
A sign of what? I don't know, but I was certainly looking.

As I spun her, she returned forcefully into my grasp, her body warm and so close to mine, I tightly grabbed her, she bit her lip and looked into my eyes. All I could see was lust and love.