Chapter Twelve

"Vinny! Stop!" She giggled, holding onto her stomach.

"No, not unless you tell me you're sorry!" He laughed, tickling her.

The two were sitting on the roof top of the venue they had played at, and Vinny had bought dessert.

Valerie's favorite, to be precise, is caramel shortbread. He had also bought ice cream in hopes of blocking out the evening heat.

"Okay! Okay!" She cried, squirming a bit. Vinny's arms were trapping her, as he had pinned her to the ground.

"I'm sorry for covering your nose with ice cream and making you look like a sad puppy!" She said it out of breath.

"Good," Vinny replied, chuckling.

When they both caught their breath, they both just stayed still, letting the atmosphere around them engulf them.

Vinny was looking deeply into her eyes with a soft smile on his lips.
She looked down slightly, blushing. He hovered over her.

His hand traced her chin, and he tilted her chin slightly to make her look back up at him. He then moved his hand slowly down her neck, making her shiver.

"You're beautiful," he whispered, sending a spark through her body.

She just grinned and blushed, and then brought her hands up to his face, smoothing it slightly.

"You are amazing," Valerie replied, almost breathlessly.

Both had smiles on their lips as they stared at each other.

"Let's finish the ice cream and biscuits. Then we can go back to the bus. We are getting a hotel tomorrow, thankfully!" Vinny happily said, and got to grab some more ice cream

"Good! I can't wait to sleep on an actual bed!" Valerie said dreamily, but she shivered as a breeze swept by.

Vinny turned to see Valerie shivering a bit.

"How are you cold? in this summer heat?" He laughed, pulling her into his lap and wrapping his arms around her.

"U-um. I just am?" She nervously laughed and tried to crawl out of Vinny's grasp.

"Not so fast, drummer girl." He told her, pulling her back and keeping a firm hold on her, making her gasp. "We need to talk, and I just want to be as close to you as I can right now."

"You can talk to me about anything, Vinny, anything." Valerie told him, snuggling into his body as he wrapped himself around her tightly.

"I, I think the guys think I'm just a little kid. They don't trust me with anything. It's like they try to baby proof everything when I'm around." He sighed, laying his head on her shoulder.

"I just don't want to be treated like a little kid; it hurts, you know? I had a good childhood, but I miss it. So yeah, I try to have fun all the time because it makes me happy! But then I just get shit for it." He vented, and Valerie put her hands over his. "I'm just scared you see me like that too, and I don't want you to treat me like a child either."

"Vinny," she sighed. "I could never see you as a child. To me, you are a mature, definitely fun-loving, awesome guy! And I really appreciate you being here for me. I know the guys are treating you this way, but in a way, it's their way of showing their care for you. They want to take care of you. My advice is to just talk to them about it. Or maybe even just Ricky. It'll be okay!" She smiled, and he just hugged her tighter.

▪️Vinnys phone starts to ring▪️

He groaned as he went to answer it, "Hello?" He muttered, standing up. "Yeah, we will be back soon. See you"

"Who was it?" Valerie asks, beginning to collect her things.

"Rick, they want to lock the bus up for the night, so we better hurry up," he replied, and he began picking up his bag.

"Valerie," he said softly, holding out his hand for her to take.

"Don't you think this view is beautiful?" He asks, not looking away from her.

She looked him straight in the eye, not taking in the scenery.

"I think it looks absolutely stunning," she whispered, squeezing his hand before dropping it.

He took a few steps closer to her in a hurry, making her drop her bags and gasp.

He caressed her face gently but quickly, closed his eyes, and pressed his lips against hers.

Her eyes widened at the feeling of his warm, soft lips on her own, but once the butterflies in her stomach subsided, she closed her eyes and kissed him back.

His hands trailed behind her head, and he seemed to cradle her before taking a few steps back and breaking the kiss.

The two felt like they were in heaven.

Vinny glanced at her with worry in his eyes.

"I'm, I'm so sorry. I don't know what came ove-"

"It's okay, Vinny. I kissed you back, didn't I?"

"Yeah, I guess you did?" He replied, blushing and moving towards her slightly.

He put their foreheads together.

"What does this make us?" He asks Valerie

"I-i don't know."

▪️

A/N - What do you guys think about the kiss? I've never written a proper kiss scene before, what did you guys think? Should I change anything? Love you