The Cherry Blossom Tree

Warnings: mentions of abuse, self harm, and attempted suicide

Genre: sad some fluff

Ship(s): Jaywon

Word count: 1858

(Let's pretend cherry blossom trees are year round for the sake of this story lol)

<Author POV>

Jungwon was sitting near a cherry blossom tree. It was his favorite spot to be in whenever he is stressed or sad. He and a childhood friend met there a day before kindergarten started. Sadly Jungwon was here very often. His parents were very abusive. They had Jungwon at a very young age by accident so they would often call him things like disappointment or a nobody. This broke Jungwon since he was only 13 and was still living like this from birth. Jungwon was pulled away from his thoughts when suddenly he felt a presence next to him. He looked over and saw his childhood best friend Jay.

"What are you doing here all alone again? I thought you said you would call me whenever you were here so I could be there with you." Jay said pouting.

Jay knew nothing about what was going on in his household. Every time they wanted to hang out it would always be at Jay's house or outside because Jungwon didn't want Jay to feel like he needed to worry for the boy.

Jungwon chuckled and blushed at his cuteness. He actually had a crush on the boy which made him hate himself even more because he thought Jay was straight. 

"Sorry I'll call you next time." Jungwon said

"You pinky promise." Jay said holding out his pinky.

Jungwon laughed then wrapped his pinky around his.

"I pinky promise."

What Jungwon didn't know was that Jay also had a crush on him. He never told anyone about his sexuality because he didn't want to be judged or lose this great friendship, but Jay had a different plan today. While they were sitting there in silence Jay scooted his hand over to Jungwon's. When Jungwon felt Jay's hand near his he blushed even more then turned his face to not let Jay see him. Jay turned Jungwon's face to him.

"Jungwon I'm going to finally be honest about my feelings. I like you a lot and you probably don't feel the same and I don't want our friendship to end if that's the case but I just thought I needed to let you know." Jay finally said.

He was about to get up from embarrassment but then Jungwon grabbed his collar and pulled him in for a kiss. Jay kissed back.

"I really like you too" Jungwon said once they pulled away.

"Well will you be my boyfriend then?" Jay asked

"Of course."

They pecked each others lips once more then held hands while sitting at the cherry blossom tree.

...

"Where the fuck were you it's past midnight." Jungwon's mom said as he walked through the door.

"No where." Jungwon said coldly.

She snatched Jungwon's arm and held it tightly "Listen here young man while you are under my roof you will listen and follow our rules."

She slapped Jungwon.

"Go to your room and stay there."

Jungwon ran to his room with his eyes filled with tears. Why was his life like this?

...

Jungwon looked dead. He barely got any sleep due to him crying all night. He was sitting at his desk with his head on the table waiting for the bell to finally ring. Suddenly he felt someone hug him from behind. It way Jay.