Chapter 13

After Yuan Li met Chu Mingfeng, he returned the power of the housekeeper to Mrs. Yang.

This time Mrs. Yang readily took over. And after learning that Chu Mingfeng had given Yuan Li three greeting cards, he specially ordered Chu Hechao to accompany Yuan Li to meet the famous Confucian officials.

In the past few days, Chu Hechao got into the five major military camps, and found many colleagues to study ways to obtain food. When he received Mrs. Yang's news, he was watching the training of the central soldiers on the school grounds, and returned to the mansion from the barracks sweating impatiently.

Yuan Li stood under the eaves of the mansion gate, waiting for him with red lips and white teeth. When he saw him, his eyebrows and eyes slightly curved, as white as the morning mist, "The general is back."

The tall man walked quickly to the front of him, beads of sweat dripped down his chin, his handsome brows were moist, he looked down at the envelope in Yuan Li's hand, and asked casually, "Who is there?"

Yuan Li said, "Shangshu Shaofu Zhou Yukan, Taiwei Zhang Liangdong, and Sili Xiaowei Cai Yi."

The official system of the Northern Zhou Dynasty was a bit complicated, similar to the system of Sangong and Jiuqing, but a cabinet was added to restrict the Sangong and Jiuqing. Cabinet checks and balances each other.

The five ministers in the cabinet are all appointed by the emperor himself or elected by the ministers, and they have great power. But after the emperor established the post-prison mansion, the eunuchs gained the emperor's trust and connivance, and the cabinet was gradually restricted and suppressed.

And these three adults, the Taiwei is the Sangong, the Shaofu Shangshu is the Jiuqing, and the Sili Xiaowei is a full-time picket and a hundred officials in Beijing. They are all well-known big shots.

"Chu Mingfeng cares about you very much." Chu Hechao smiled and raised his eyelids, "Which minister does my sister-in-law want to go to first?"

Yuan Li took out the letter to "Taiwei Zhang Liangdong" from the envelope, "I only plan to visit the Taiwei."

Taiwei Zhang Liangdong is the chief assistant of the cabinet, leading the national military, and has the highest official position among the three. At first glance, Yuan Li chose Taiwei as a matter of course, but in fact Taiwei has no real power. It sounds nice in name, but in fact it is just a position to take the blame for the emperor. Once any natural or man-made disaster occurs, the emperor will remove the Taiwei to plead guilty. But Shaofu Shangshu and Sili Xiaowei are different. Although the official positions are not high, the real power is stronger than the other.

Yuan Li is not short-sighted. The more he thought about it, the more he felt that there was a lot hidden about Chu Mingfeng's serious illness. At this juncture, it was better for him to avoid dealing with high-ranking officials who held real power.    

Besides, although Taiwei is a deceitful position, Zhang Liangdong is a great Confucian in the world, he is proficient in classics and history, and he is good at rhetoric and poetry. Every day, countless people want to see Zhang Liangdong. If he can get a compliment from Zhang Liangdong, he will soon become famous in Luoyang.    

Chu Hechao took a deep look at Yuan Li, raised his hand and threw the big knife to the servant, and went back to the mansion to change his clothes.    

When they arrived at the Taiwei's mansion, they saw a long queue in front of the mansion from a distance. These were people who wanted to visit Zhang Liangdong, and there were many students from the Imperial College mixed in there. Two servants skillfully placed four baskets in front of the door, waiting for these people to line up to put greeting cards and poems in the baskets, and two baskets were already full.