Chapter 4

Chu Hechao galloped day and night, and as soon as he arrived in Luoyang, he received a report from Yang Zhongfa.

He asked Yang Zhongfa to keep an eye on the goods for half a month, but another group of people snatched them away.

Chu Hechao almost cut Yang Zhongfa off his horse with a single blow. He suppressed his anger and listened coldly to the clues Yang Zhongfa found.

Yang Zhongfa started to stare at the goods from Hanzhong, and saw no one else except the victims along the way. No matter how unbelievable it is, Yang Zhongfa concluded that the goods were robbed by victims fleeing from Hanzhong.

But ordinary disaster victims don't have such a great ability, and there must be masterminds behind these people. It is very likely that they, like Yang Zhongfa, have been eyeing this batch of goods since Hanzhong. However, there were so many victims in Hanzhong, and they ran around like loaches entering a river, and it was difficult to catch them.

However, in the past two days, Yang Zhongfa discovered a strange situation, many scattered victims were slowly rushing to Ruyang County.

Just as the goods were lost one day, there was a change in the victims the next day. Yang Zhongfa didn't believe that there was no connection, so he sent people to sneak into Ruyang County, and sure enough, he found several bolts of cloth from Hanzhong in the market in Ruyang County.

These lines of cloth are brightly colored, with double-sided tattoos outlined by gold threads, which are extremely precious. Presumably the person who stole the goods also knew that the cloth must not be kept for his own use, so he sold it to a cloth shop at a very low price.

Such a cunning and discreet approach made Yang Zhongfa hate him so much. But precisely because of this, Yang Zhongfa also confirmed that the person who stole their goods was in Ruyang, but there were three forces in Ruyang, Chen, Wei, Wang, and the county magistrate Yuanfu. In a small county, various forces are intertwined. No matter how Yang Zhongfa investigates, he can't find out who is behind the scenes.

Chu Hechao beat him to thirty sticks, and led the people straight to Chu Palace with a stern look.

When he saw Yuanli in the wedding dress in the hall, Chu Hechao remembered his identity as the son of Ruyang county magistrate. This kind of coincidence couldn't help but make Chu Hechao think too much. From the first sentence, he began to deliberately test this new "sister-in-law".

Chu Hechao is not a good person.

Yuan Li was puzzled, and chose his words carefully, "The General must have misremembered. The General and I are just seeing for the first time. Where did I give you such a big gift?"

Chu Hechao pulled his lips, "Sister-in-law is really a noble person who forgets things." Yuan Li grew up with a face that makes people let down their guard just by looking at it.

His temperament is gentle, his eyes are clear, and when he smiles, he is like spring grass and willow branches, full of exuberant vitality.

But such a person, not only did not wash away Chu Hechao's suspicion, but made him even more defensive.

The smile on the corner of Yuanli's mouth became stiff.

Chu Hechao is strong and strong, the weather in March, and honey-colored sweat dripping down his temples, the outline of this face is deep and clear, although he is smiling, but there is no smile at all, looking down at Yuan Li's eyes were as cold as ice in the twelfth lunar month.

Yuan Li put away his laugh, and said directly, "General, you may as well speak up if you have something to say."

Chu Hechao gave a meaningless sneer, turned around and saluted King Chu and Mrs. Yang. Mrs. Yang hadn't seen her second son for a long time, her eyes were red, and just about to say a few words, the servant girl beside her reminded in a low voice: "Madam, the auspicious time is coming soon."