Chapter 8

On the way back, Yuan Li turned his head to look at Chu Hechao several times, staring at the dark belt around his waist.

Chu Hechao was so annoyed that he caught Yuan Li's gaze with a sneer, "Where is sister-in-law looking?"

Yuan Li said truthfully, "Look at your belt."

A copper coin would be picked up with great care, Chu Hechao was even poorer than he had imagined.

The man has broad shoulders and narrow waist, with a standard inverted triangle figure. The muscles bound by the belt were strong and tight, full of ferocious explosive power. Looking at his belt is no different from looking at his waist.

After saying this, Yuan Li felt that Chu Hechao's gaze became more severe, and he realized that this sentence seemed to be misunderstood.

Seems like a provocation.

Yuan Li rubbed his nose, and remedied: "The pattern on the general's belt is pretty good."

Chu Hechao pulled his lips, "This is the clothes prepared by sister-in-law."

After speaking, his eyes moved to Yuan Li's waist. His sister-in-law, who has not yet established a crown, is still a young man with slender limbs, not weak enough, but it is not enough to look good in a military camp. Chu Hechao looked at Yuan Li's figure jokingly, twirled on his slender waist, and mocked, "It's not as good-looking as my sister-in-law's."

"Where is it?" Yuan Li said politely, "Your one is a bit better."

Two big men, it's a bit delicate to discuss whose belt looks better here. Chu Hechao sneered and didn't continue talking.

That night, the two lived in the farm.

There are many mosquitoes in the farm, and the sound is also noisy. Cicadas croaked, frogs croaked, cocks croaked and pigs howled. Yuan Li didn't fall asleep until midnight. When he woke up the next day, his eyes were azure.

Today, I was going to plant rice seedlings. After Yuan Li finished his breakfast, he still persuaded Chu Hechao, "My father's field is on the edge of the farm, deep in the forest, and the road is far and remote. My brother might as well stay in the farm."

Chu Hechao smiled, and rubbed the reins with his slender fingers wearing black leather gloves, he refused to accept, "Sister-in-law, what are you talking about? As a family, and my brother is not around, how can I watch you do it alone?"

This was the first time Yuanli heard the word "brother" from Chu Hechao.

He also inquired about some news in the past few days. According to the rumors, the relationship between Chu Hechao and Chu Mingfeng was not very good. It is said that when Chu Hechao was about to die on the battlefield, Chu Mingfeng was still in Shangjing inviting his colleagues to drink and recite poems, and take Wushisan. When the news came, the old man's expression did not change. He sighed and laughed with his friend, "It's his life or death."

After saying that, he drank a glass of wine.

Everyone said that thanks to the fact that Chu Mingfeng and Chu Hechao have both same parents, Chu Mingfeng would do his best to raise enough military pay for Chu Hechao to be transported to northern Xinjiang.

Ever since Yuan Li married into the Prince of Chu's mansion, he could often see traces of grief and desolation on the faces of the King of Chu and the Yang family, but Chu Hechao never showed grief because of his brother who was about to die of illness, and even looked extraordinarily indifferent.

However, when Chu Mingfeng was mentioned at this moment, Chu Hechao's tone was quite calm.

Yuan Li was thoughtful, "Since the general said so, let's go."