Chapter 12

The place where Chu Mingfeng lived was extremely remote.

When Yuan Li arrived, there was already a gray-haired old slave waiting for him in front of the courtyard gate. After seeing Yuan Li, the old slave silently took him to the bedroom.

As soon as he entered the bedroom, his vision was dimmed. Candles were lit in the house, and Yuan Li could smell the strong and bitter medicinal fragrance. In addition to the smell of medicine, he also smelled a strange smell.

Yuan Li pursed his lips.

That's the rotten smell that comes from the dying person.

The doors and windows are closed tightly, and no sunlight or breeze can penetrate.

Yuan Li didn't look sideways, and was led all the way to the bed. The four sides of the bed were covered by double layers of white veils, and there was a vague figure lying on the bed between the indistinct white.

On the ground beside the bed, there was a trembling servant kneeling.

Yuan Li couldn't help being slightly surprised when he saw this servant.

This person is Liu Guanshi, who is in charge of purchasing in the Prince Chu's mansion, and he has been in the mansion for twenty years. During the two days when Yuan Li was the housekeeper, he relied on his seniority to refuse to listen to Yuan Li's orders, and even complained privately that Yuan Li was too strict. After being caught by Yuan Li and punished in public, he settled down.

Why is this person here?

The old slave said in a low voice: "My lord, Master Yuan is here."

There were two coughs on the bed, and a weak but hoarse voice with a smile sounded, and said narrowly: "It turns out that the madam is here. Madam, please wait a moment."

After saying that, there was a rustling sound on the bed.

Yuan Li was taken aback for a moment, and then he couldn't help but say: "Your Excellency, you don't have to be so polite, you should lie down and rest!"

Chu Mingfeng then stopped, and sighed: "Husband is not in good health, so I told Madam to read a joke."

His tone was joking, and he said "madam" and "husband" without the slightest ambiguity between men and women, only joking.

Yuan Li didn't expect that this little elder would have such a personality, he was obviously dying, and he could chat and laugh with others so humorously.

He has always admired and admired such a person, "My lord should cultivate himself now, why did you call me here?"

There was another short cough from inside the bed curtain, as if he was about to cough up his lungs. After a while, Chu Mingfeng stopped coughing, he stretched out a thin and slender hand from the bed curtain, and pointed to Guanshi Liu who was kneeling beside the bed.

"This unruly slave is dissatisfied with your discipline, so he came to me to sue you," Chu Mingfeng said in a calm tone, "He said that you have selfish intentions, suppressing servants from below, deceiving parents from above to make profits for yourself, and everyone in the house is dissatisfied with you."

Chu Mingfeng paused, then suddenly chuckled, "After I got sick, some people always thought I didn't know anything, and they dared to tell me any lies."

His voice became more and more serious. The lower it is, the words are pronounced clearly. Guanshi Liu couldn't stop trembling when he heard it, sweating profusely.

In the end, Chu Mingfeng turned his head, and looked towards Yuanli dimly, "I'll leave this tricky slave to Madam, how do Madam want to punish him?"

Yuan Li looked at Guanshi Liu.