Chapter 2

- Three days later, Yuan Family Farm -

When the steward inspected the field, there was no sign of Wang Er and his party.

He found the person in charge of resettling the new arrivals, "What about Wang Er and the others?"

"They are haven't been out yet, and the dishes and bedding in the house are not enough, so I paid them some wages and let them go shopping." The steward asked casually, and he didn't notice anything wrong, so he nodded.

The sun was dim.

Yuan Li walked to the county magistrate's mansion in a busy manner.

As if knowing that he was coming back, many spectators had gathered in front of the county magistrate's mansion. From time to time, some people whispered and pointed at Yuan Li and said, "This is the eldest son of our magistrate."

"This young man is so handsome and so filial, the county magistrate and his wife are really blessed."

Yuan Li was able to keep his face unchanged in the face of these compliments.

Steward Lin hurried over with a few servants. Seeing the haggard-looking Yuan Li, his eyes turned red, and he knelt down at the gate, crying, "My lord, you finally came back safely!"

Yuan Li hurried helped him up, "I found the herbal medicine that my mother is in urgent need. How is my mother now? Take me to see her!"

Steward Lin was overjoyed and couldn't help crying with joy, "Great, great, madam will be saved..."

The master and servant returned to the county magistrate mansion in a hurry, leaving the people outside the mansion who were full of emotion and praised.

...

- Yuan Mansion -

Hearing the voice outside the mansion gate, Yuan Li wiped off the sweat on his face, and heaved a sigh of relief in embarrassment.

As soon as he entered the door, Steward Lin put away his crying face and skillfully wiped away his tears, "My lord, master is waiting for you in the study."

Yuan Li was puzzled, "Huh?"

Steward Lin said in a low voice, "Master received a letter from Luoyang yesterday, and locked himself in the study after reading it. He specially told you to go to the study when you come back. You should discuss something important."

Hearing this, Yuan Li didn't stay any longer, and walked quickly to the study.

Yuan Li gently knocked the door, and his father, Yuan Song's tired voice sounded, "Li'er? Come in."

Yuan Li pushed the door open and went in, and saw his father sitting weakly in front of the desk, with sunken eye sockets and black eyes.

"I heard that you haven't slept all night?" Yuan Li joked, "What kind of big thing can make you toss like this?"

Yuan Song sighed quietly, "Sit down first, I'll have someone give you tea and pastries, it won't be too late after you fill your stomach."

As soon as the words fell, someone brought the things up. Yuan Li was not polite to him either, and after eating and drinking enough to wash his face, he leaned back comfortably on the chair back, "Okay, tell me."

Yuan Song sighed again, "On the Three Heads Mountain Have you been injured after staying for three days?"

Yuan Li couldn't help laughing, "You and mother send people to visit me every night, how could you not know if I was injured or not?"

As he spoke, He really became curious, "What is it that makes you want to speak again and again?"

Yuan Song was silent for a moment, then took out a letter from under the official document in front of the desk and handed it to Yuan Li, "At noon yesterday, Luoyang Chu Palace sent a letter to you."