Chapter 9

Chu Hechao's voice was calm, and he asked calmly.

But like a thunder that suddenly sounded outside the window, its sharpness approached Yuan Li.

In the darkness, Chu Hechao's eyes seemed to be fixed on Yuan Li.

That's a good question to ask.

Fortunately, Yuan Li didn't know if he knew or not.

Yuan Li smiled wryly and quickly calmed down.

The scene just now was completely forgotten by him, and he was only thinking about the purpose of Chu Hechao asking this sentence at this time.

Yuan Li really didn't know where Yang Zhongfa's lost item was.

Chu Hechao followed closely. Although he suspected that Wang Er might be related to that batch of goods, he didn't have time to check whether it was true.

"What did Yang Zhongfa lose?"

Yuan Li's voice was hoarse and soft as if he had just woken up, following the sound of rain, like spring water entering the spring stream, "The general and Mr. Yang always told me that a batch of goods was lost, but what is the goods? When it was lost, how it was lost, and what the goods were, but they didn’t tell me at all. Master Yang said that the goods were military pay. According to the law of my court, stealing military pay and intercepting urgent letters from Baili is a capital offense, and it may even be implicated. Nine clans, implicating others. Let me tell you the truth, general, I am not so bold as to send someone to intercept the military salary."

Yuan Li sighed, "Since the military salary was stolen, general, why didn't you report it to the court and lead the officers to search for it ?" It was the reason why Yuan Li wanted to meet Wang Er alone without telling Chu Hechao.

If Wang Er really hijacked the military pay with the victims, it must be a capital crime, and even Yuan Li's family who took in the victims would be implicated.

But obviously he could be upright, but Chu Hechao chose to keep it secret and investigate secretly.

Either he was sure that the person who cut off the goods was related to Yuan Li, and because Yuan Li was his "sister-in-law", he chose to act so low-key.

Either this batch of goods is not military pay at all, and the origin is unknown. Even if it was Chu Hechao, he could only watch and wait.

According to Chu Hechao's ruthless temper, no matter how you look at it, it looks like the latter.

Yuan Li even had a bold idea.

Chu Hechao might be the same as those victims, planning to do a bandit business to steal this batch of goods for military pay!

In the narrow cabin, rainwater leaks from the corner eaves, tick-tock.

Yuan Li couldn't see He Chao's expression clearly. In the silence, the man's fingers seemed to be tapping his thigh lightly, thinking about what he said.

After a long time, Chu Hechao finally opened his mouth. He said flatly, "That batch of goods are antique calligraphy and paintings, gold silk cloth."

Those victims are not stealing military pay.

Yuan Li breathed a sigh of relief, and became more calm, "I want to ask the general, if this batch of goods is shipped to northern Xinjiang, how long will it be able to supply the rations of 130,000 soldiers in northern Xinjiang?"

Chu Hechao said: "Tighten your belt, enough food for two months."

"What about after two months?" Yuan Li asked.