Chapter 3

Yuan Li hadn't spent enough time with his parents, and it was time to go to Chu Palace in a blink of an eye.

The people in Chu Palace couldn't wait for a moment. Just after dawn, the carriage waited outside the county magistrate's mansion and unloaded a lot of mahogany boxes.

The Yuan family didn't take advantage of Chu's palace. As many things as Chu's palace sent, Yuan Song sorted out many things and sent them back. His attitude was neither humble nor overbearing.

After the carriage set off, Yuanli lifted the curtains and saw his parents seeing him off with tears in his eyes. He endured the melancholy in his heart and waved to his parents with a smile.

Seeing his bright smile as if he was carefree when he was young, Mrs. Chen couldn't help but took two steps forward, "Li'er..."

Yuan Song held her back, endured the pain of parting, and waved towards Yuan Li.

Go as soon as possible, return as soon as possible, and wait for the day when you return to your hometown as an official.

The carriage gradually drifted away, and Yuan Li lowered the curtain until he could no longer see his parents.

He sighed lightly, but quickly regained his spirits.

Ruyang is only a hundred miles away from Luoyang, and Yuanli has been independent since he was a child in his previous life. Although there is a feeling of parting, it is not strong.

He was still thinking about what his father had told him about Chu Palace.

The ancestor of the Chu Palace was a close friend who fought with the founding emperor of the Northern Zhou Dynasty. After the founding of the Northern Zhou Dynasty, the Taizu established five kings with different surnames, including the Chu Palace. Naturally, he was full of joy when he became king, but the more time passed, the more regretful Emperor of the Northern Zhou Dynasty became. The five kings with different surnames became a knot in his heart, so he began to try every means to eradicate these kings with different surnames.

Up to now, only two families of different surname kings are still there. One family is the king of Chu who left the fief obediently, consciously going to Beijing to live under the eyes of the emperor, and the other family is the king of Chen Chenliu who is supporting himself in the fief.    

There is a piercing in the eyes of King Chen, but the King of Chu has won the favor of the emperor. Even now, Chu Mingfeng, the eldest son of King Chu, is the second assistant of the cabinet before he arrives, known as Xiaoge Lao.

The king of Chu has two sons, each of whom has both talent and appearance, and is a prime minister. The eldest son, Chu Mingfeng, was the one who needed Yuanli to celebrate. He had been in poor health since he was a child, but he was extremely intelligent. As for the second son, Chu Hechao, Yuan Li didn't know much about him. He only knew that he had made great military exploits and had a fierce reputation. According to legend, he had a green face and long fangs, which could stop children from crying at night.

Because Chu Palace gave Yuanli a lot of preferential treatment, Yuanli also showed corresponding sincerity. He specially learned a lot about Chu Mingfeng's deeds, and the more he looked at it, the more he felt that this weak and powerful official was extremely difficult to deal with. After reading it, he asked the old eunuch Yang Gonggong who came to pick him up from the Chu Palace about Chu Mingfeng. Mingfeng's business.