"Bring her to her room, now," Dad said in a serious voice. I heard some footsteps so I purse my lips.

Tinulungan ako ng mga maid pero pinigilan ko sila.

"Okay, lang ako," sabi ko at nagpakita ng ngiti. They look convinced kaya hinayaan din nila ako. Mahaba ang hagdan ng mansion ngunit kinaya ko naman at nakarating ako sa kwarto ko.

I turn the lights on and I slowly walk to my bed. I sat there, spacing out. Until I realized that I was crying. I covered my face by my bare hands. My Dad's voice echoed all over my head which cause me to cry harder.

"Sorry... I'm so sorry, Dad..." I whispered while sobbing hard.

Maybe I was not good at anything. Maybe I was only good at disappointing people around me. Maybe I was not a bright kid as my parents expected. Maybe I was just a stroke of bad luck to anyone. That's what I felt. I felt... I don't know... Lost?

The next thing I knew, I woke up from the knock on the door. It was unlocked so I told the person who's knocking to come in. I saw Manang Wenda with a tray of food. I immediately smile when I realized it was her. Ngumiti din siya at lumapit sa 'kin.

"Kamusta ka?" She asks.

"Okay. Feeling okay," I said with a smile on my face.

She sigh and handed me the food. "Hindi ka daw kumain kagabe."

"Why aren't you here last night?"

"May ginawa lang. Pasensya na ha?" She smiles. I just nodded and started to eat my food. She was telling me some stories about her childhood in the province. She has to work here in the city kasi mas malaki daw yung sahod dito.

"Why don't you take a break to visit your children? I can talk to my parents about that," sabi ko habang nililigpit niya yung mga kinain ko.

Tumawa siya at umiling. "Ano ka bang bata ka. Ayaw mo na ba akong makita dito?"

"I guess," sagot kaya napasimangot siya. I laugh. "Kidding lang, Manang! I know you're tired na and I know you miss your children na."

She smiles painfully and pats my head. "Okay lang ako."

"No, you're not..." I said, almost whispering. "You're just like me... I know the feeling of getting tired and just wanna run away, Manang."

Umupo siya sa tabi ko. "Sumuko ka ba?"

"I tried to... But I can't..."

"Parehas tayo. Sinabukan ko rin  sumuko pero alang alang sa mga anak ko hindi ko magawa," she said.

"Do you think this hardship is worth it in the end?"

"Walang nakakaalam kung ano ang huli. Hangga't sinusubukan mo ang iyong makakaya at gugustuhin mong mangyari ang gusto mong mangyari. Mangyayari ito. Hangga't hindi ka susuko. Siguro malalam mo. Tanging ikaw—ang sarili mo, lang ang nakakaalam ng sagot, Gabrielle," sabi niya at tumayo na. "Sige na, aalis na ako. Magpahinga ka na muna." I nodded at her and she left the room.

I slowly stood up on my bed and walk towards my study desk. I turned on my computer to check if there was an announcement from the school at mukhang nakausap naman ng maayos ng magulang ko 'yung school kaya excuse ako. But that doesn't mean I'm excused sa pag study. I still have to take the exam next week and everyone's expectation of me is high.

Puro ako aral sa mga pahinga ko. Nung sabi ng doctor ay pwede ko na daw ilalakad yung paa ko, kinaumagahan ay pumunta na kaagad ako sa school. Everyone is ignoring me as I entered the classroom, as if they were expecting me to go to school right now. It's just felt right now kasi dati, if magkasakit ako or ano they'll ask me if okay lang ako. Just wow.