Chapter 1

- Tree Heads Mountain in Ruyang County -

The rice field seedlings at the foot of the mountain are green and fragrant. Farmers gathered in groups at the foot of Three Heads Mountain, looking up at the young man on the narrow mountain road.

The young man was tall and straight, wearing a strong suit, his waist was stretched out in a slender and tight arc. His jet-black hair was neatly tied up high, a dagger was pinned to his waist, and a bow and arrow was carried on his back, making his look extraordinarily vigorous and heroic.

The farmers chatted in low voices from time to time, their words full of curiosity.

"Whose child is this? How dare you enter the mountain alone?"

"It looks familiar, as if... the eldest son of the county magistrate's family! I went to the street to buy medicine for my old lady a few days ago, and I happened to meet him once"

"It's that kind and intelligent young master?! How did he get into the Three Heads Mountain? There are man-eating wolves, tigers, and leopards in the Three Heads Mountain!"

"The hunters here even dare not to enter the mountain alone!"

Whispering continued, more and more farmers gathered.

Suddenly, at the end of the dirt road, there was a simple carriage and dozens of servants hurried over. The horse's hooves kicked up a little bit of mud, splashing all on the clothes, but no one cared.

After the carriage came to a complete stop, the driver looked anxious and sad, and quickly stepped forward and knelt down at the foot of the Three Heads Mountain.

"Young master, how can you go up to the mountain alone!"

The old slave's voice was choked up, and he raised his hand to wipe his tears, crying louder, "Madam is seriously ill, we have searched all the pharmacies in Ruyang County and there is only one herbal medicine missing. The doctor said that this herbal medicine is only available in Three Heads Mountain, but how can you go up the mountain alone!"

The servant behind him burst into tears immediately, "Young Master, come back quickly."

The old slave became hoarse and exhausted, weeping in every word, "This old slave knows that you are filial to Madam and you are not afraid of wolves, tigers, and leopards for her sake, but the Three Heads Mountain is too dangerous. Young Master, please think twice!"

The farmers on the side suddenly realized, "It turns out that the eldest son of the county magistrate entered the mountain alone is to gather herbs for the county magistrate's wife!"

Some people already had tears in their eyes, "I have heard that the eldest son of the county magistrate is filial, but I didn't expect him to be able to do this for his mother. You see, the more these people shout, the faster the eldest son of the county magistrate walks!"

An old man sighed and said: "If I have such a son, I can wake up from my dreams with laughter."

The Northern Zhou Dynasty ruled the world with loyalty and filial piety, as long as they are loyal and filial, they will be admired by the people.

But no matter how the servants shouted, the young man in spring clothes still walked firmly into the dense forest without stopping.