🌹Part Four : Chapter Six

~Year 2222~
~With Mitch~
~Two months later~

Mitch sighed as he reread the file he was sent in the mail before looking up and smiling when he saw Daciana walking into his apartment.

"Hello, my love." Mitch greeted as Daciana took out an earbud.

"Hi, bubs." Daciana greeted him as she walked over to him and kissed him.

"How was work, love?" Mitch asked as she brushed the hair out of his face before kissing his forehead.

"Fun," Daciana answered and Mitch smiled. "What are you reading?"

"A file to help with my work," Mitch answered and Daciana nodded before walking to the kitchen.

"Do you want some tea?"

"I wouldn't mind a cup, love." Daciana sent him a smile before Mitch went back to the file he was reading. After a little while, Daciana came back out of the kitchen and placed the tea next to Mitch. "Thank you, love." Mitch mused before watching Daciana sit across from him and pull out her computer. "Working on school work?"

"Yeah, finals," Daciana answered and Mitch nodded. "What's in the file?"

"You."

"Me?" Daciana asked and Mitch nodded.

"Yeah, I asked for files on you and your family to check everything over and make sure it's no one you know that's stalking you," Mitch answered.

"I have a binder about that." Mitch looked at her surprised.

"You have a binder on people who might be stalking you?"

"Yeah. I might be paranoid but I'm not stupid." Daciana scoffed and Mitch chuckled.

"Do you have it on you?"

"Yes?" Daciana answered, but it sounded more like a question. "Yeah... Yeah. I have it." She nodded before opening her backpack and pulled out a neon green binder.

"That hurts my eyes," Mitch stated as Daciana handed over the binder.

"That's the point." Mitch nodded as he opened the binder.

"That's a lot of pages," Mitch stated and Daciana nodded.

"Yeah, pictures and information on each person." Mitch nodded, feeling rather proud of Daciana. Mitch's smile faltered as he looked at the picture of the man he was sent to look into.

"Love, how do you know this man?" Mitch asked as he showed her the picture.

"Flip it over." Mitch nodded before flipping the page and on the pack, there was a little note that read, 'Meet a few times at Christmas parties for Papa, probably will meet this year at the clock party.'

"What's the clock party?" Mitch asked as he looked at Daciana.

"Papa and other clock makers/fixers meet up with their families for a big Christmas party."

"Oh, can you bring a date to this?"

"Papa's my date," Daciana stated and Mitch sent her a look. "I don't know if I can bring a date, bubs." Mitch nodded and Daciana sighed. "Do you want me to ask if it's okay if I bring a date?"