30.

***************************************************************************************

Chapter Thirty - Agent Sitwell Has A Really Bad Day.

***************************************************************************************

Agent Sitwell and Senator Stern were leaving a resturant, having just had lunch together. "Listen, I got to fly home tonight, because I got some constituency problem and I got to press the flesh."

"Any constituent in particular, Mr Senator?" Sitwell asked.

"Oh no, not really. Twenty-three, kind of hot. Real hot, you know. Wants to be a reporter, I think. I don't know. Who listens at that point?" Stern rambled.

"Doesn't sound like much of a problem to me."

"Really? Because she's killing my back. But this isn't the place to talk about it. This is a nice pin." Stern said, admiring the badge Sitwell wore. Sitwell looked down at the SHIELD pin, and smirked. "Thank you."

"Come here." The two men embraced, as Stern whispered in Sitwell's ear. "Hail HYDRA." They pulled away and Stern pretended to hold his back, as if in pain. "See, it's right there."

"I saw it, yeah." 

"Should I get it checked?"

"I think you should."

Sitwell's phone rang. The phone ID read 'Alexander Pierce'. He turned to his two guards, sending them away to bring the car around, before picking up. "Yes, sir?"

"Agent Sitwell, how was lunch? I hear the crab cakes here are delicious." A voice which was not Pierce's voice, but rather Sam Wilson's came through the phone.

"Who is this?"

"The good-looking guy in the sunglasses, your 10 o'clock." Sitwell looked the wrong way. "Your other 10 o'clock." Sam corrected him. When Sitwell finally found Sam, he frowned deeply. "There you go."

"What do you want?"

"You're gonna go around the corner to your right. There's a gray car two spaces down. You and I are gonna take a ride."

"And why would I do that?" Sitwell asked incredulously.

"Because that tie looks really expensive, and I'd hate to mess it up."

A red dot appeared on Sitwell's tie, indicating that there was a sniper nearby. The agent looked around in panic, but had little choice but to comply with their demands.

***************************************************************************************

Sitwell was thrown through the door leading to a roof, his face having an urgent meeting with the floor, before picking himself up. Peggy stormed towards him, Nat close behind, forcing the agent to walk backwards. "Tell me about Zola's algorithm." She ordered.

"Never heard of it."

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?"

"I was throwing up. I get seasick." He stumbled as he reached the edge of the roof, nearly falling off. Peggy grabbed him by the lapels of his blazer. However, he just smirked at her. 

"Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Carter."

Peggy released him, smiled fakely and dusted his shoulders before stepping back. "Of course not. It's hers." Natasha kicked him hard in the chest, causing him to stumble off the building. Sitwell screamed in fear as he fell. The two women waited for his retrieval.