34.

***************************************************************************************

Chapter Thirty-Four -Bern, Switzerland, 1999

***************************************************************************************

"A famous man once said, "We create our own demons." 

Who said that? What does that even mean?  

It doesn't matter, I said it 'cos he said it. 

So now, he was famous and that basically is getting said by two well-known guys. 

I don't, uh... I'm gonna start again."

***************************************************************************************

'Blue' by Eiffel 65 could be heard playing in the background of the conference room.  Maya Hansen blew a party bopper in Tony Stark's face, who chuckled at her antics. Happy Hogan, in a mullet, turned to his boss. "Half hour till the ball drops." 

Tony looked at Maya and was about to ask her a question when an excited fan came up to them. "Tony Stark? Great speech man!" The fan was promptly shooed away by Happy. 

Tony turned around, confused. "I gave a speech? How was it?"

"Edifying."

"Unintelligible." Hansen and Happy said simultaneously.

"Really? It's my favourite kind. A winning combo." He rambled as he started to lead her somewhere. 

"Where are we going?" She asked, confused. 

"Uh, to town, on each other. Probably back in your room, because I also want to see your research." He said bluntly.

"Okay, you can see my research, but that's... I'm not gonna show you my 'town'." She stammered, before a new voice entered the conversation.

"Mr Stark. Ho Yinsen." A man came up and greeted them. 

"Ah, I finally met a man called 'Ho'." He remarked. Tony shook hands with Yinsen, who chuckled humourlessly. Dr. Yinsen lead Tony to another man. "I would like to introduce you to our guest, Dr. Wu."

"Oh, this guy."

"Mr Stark." Yinsen introduced Tony to the Doctor, who greeted him in Mandarin as they shook hands.

"You're a heart doctor. She's going to need a cardiologist after I..." He blew a party popper.

Dr Wu looked away, uncomfortable, while Yinsen sighed. "Perhaps another time."

***************************************************************************************

"It all started in Bern, Switzerland. 1999. 

The old days. 

I never thought they'd come back to bite me. 

Why would they?"

***************************************************************************************

As Tony and Maya walked towards the lift, an enthusiastic man with long, blonde hair and glasses came up to them. "Oh, wow! Hey, Tony! Aldrich Killian. I-I'm a big fan on your work!" He stammered.