2.

***************************************************************************************

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚘 - 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙼𝚘𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚜

***************************************************************************************

THWACK! THWACK!

Fist met punching bag as Peggy grunted, pushing all her emotions through her hands. She quickly increased the speed and force until suddenly the punching bag flew across the room, landing on the floor with a big thump.

"Nice left hook." Complimented Steve, who was leaning on two balance bars.

"Not according to Colonel Flynn, that weapons-grade moron!" Grumbled Peggy, as she picked up a weight and threw it. It wedged into the wall, surrounded by several others. "If only I was allowed to do that to Hitler's head."

"It could be worse. Flynn could stick you on one of those USO tours. Wear a crazy costume, being told to smile 10 times a day." Steve pointed out. 

"He wouldn't. He couldn't. Could he?" Peggy mused, looking worried at the thought. Steve smirked.

They both turned to face the window as they heard the sound of footsteps marching and orders being called out. "Bucky. It's a buddy of mine from Brooklyn. He just deployed with the 107th. The army won't even tell me where he's going."  Steve sighed. 

"We all have someone fighting for us. Would be nice if we could fight for them." Peggy said with a sad smile. She paused. "I'm sorry. You were meant to be the one to end the war." She apologised. 

"Now you will. And don't worry about me. I never was much of a dancer anyway." Steve remarked, grinning at her. She looked at him. "Maybe you haven't found the right partner." She murmered quietly.  They smiled at each other bashfully.

***************************************************************************************

- Meanwhile, In Norway - 

***************************************************************************************

A tank rolled towards a clock tower. Armed troops marched into the town as a fancy car with the HYDRA insignia pulled up. Inside the tower, soldiers surrounded the old man, who held his arms up in surrender. A stern-faced man walked in, nodding to his men, who saluted and lowered their weapons slightly. He was obviously someone of leadership. He walked over to a wall, intricately decorated with detailed carvings, portraying a tree. 

"The Tesseract was the jewel of Odin's treasure room. Fabled to hold the power to rewrite the very laws of physics, and unlock doors across the universe." He spoke, breaking the tense silence. A s he studied the wall, he paused at a circle with a perculiar design. 

"What you seek is j-just a legend." The old man stuttered.

The man was unconvinced and smirked in triumph as he pressed the circle, which revealed a small box.

"Then why do you try so hard to hide it?" He opened the box, his face instantly bathed in blue light as he admired the Tesseract. Gunshots echoed through the night as the old man was gunned down.

***************************************************************************************

-SSR Map Room, USA - 

***************************************************************************************

"Tønsberg, Norway. A real Christmas card of a town. Well, it was." Stark remarked.