4.

***************************************************************************************

Chapter Six - Operation Where Eagles Dare

***************************************************************************************

Captain Carter and the Howling Commandos are on a ledge overlooking a train track.

"If our intel is correct, and the Red Skull, the very head of HYDRA, is on that train-" Peggy was interrupted. "We can end the war? Yeah, I've heard that one before. Something about this smells as fresh as three-day-old fish." said Bucky.

"Or maybe you're just afraid of trains." smirked Peggy. He only nodded in reply. Steve flew over their heads, flying alongside the train. He landed in front and tried to slow it down. "I'm in position." He said. "Copy. Time to make our entrance. Commencing Operation 'Where Eagles Dare'". Peggy radioed in.

Silently, they ziplined across, jumping onto the train. However, Barnes slipped and fell. Luckily for him, Peggy caught him and pulled him back on.

"Whew. Thanks. You almost ripped my arm off. "

She smiled. "Rogers, what's your status? Do you see the Red Skull?"

"I've got a visual but... I'm going in for a closer look."

"Copy that."

"Hey, don't forget to knock!" Barnes called.

Steve tore a hole into the train's side and stepped in. A repeated beeping could be heard. Steve looked in horror.

"OH NO! PEGGY GO! GET OUT OF-"

He was cut off as the bombs exploded. The carriage he was in was destroyed.

Peggy and the troop looked in horror, but turned and ran, just in the nick of time. The explosion caused the track where the train was to collapse, leaving a huge gap.

"STEVE!" Peggy yelled with tears in her eyes. She ran over to the edge. Barnes looked up and saw the snow above starting to collapse.

"Peggy, we gotta go." He grabbed her shoulder and pulled her away, just as the snow came tumbling down.

***************************************************************************************

"You said that glowing ice cube could rewrite the laws of physics!" shouted Flynn

"It can!" protested Howard.

"You said the HYDRA Stomper was indestructible!"

"It is! Was."

"HIS NAME is Steve Rogers. Not the 'HYDRA Stomper'. Steve. And we've lost..." yelled Peggy. She choked up.

"She should never have been in the field in the first place."

Peggy walked away determinedly.

***************************************************************************************

A cell door opened revealing Arnim Zola.

"Ah. Fraulein Carter. I was wondering when you might visit me. You're wasting your time. I will tell you nothing!" he said.

***************************************************************************************

"He told me everything. According to our German guest, Red Skull believes he can unleash an interdimensional force that will lead HYDRA to world domination. And if that fails, world annihilation." Peggy announced to the Commandos, and Colonel Flynn, who were gathered in the map room.

"Talk about being a few sardines short of a can." Said Bucky.

"The Red Skull has taken cover here at Castle de Krake in the Black Forest." Peggy pointed to the area on the map.

"No wonder HYDRA targeted Rogers. You'd need the Stomper to get close." Stated Flynn.

"Colonel, you're lucky to even be in the room." Peggy fired back. "The Red Skull wants to destroy our world, in many ways he already has. I say we return the favour. I say we burn that castle to the ground. But if we do this, know that we might not succeed in ending the war, we might not survive, but we will stop HYDRA."

"I'm in. For Steve." said Bucky. One by one, the soldiers agreed until it was just Stark.

"Oh, I'm not a... You know..." He mimed punches.

"Come on, Howard. We might need someone to push a button."

***************************************************************************************

(A/N I know this one is shorter than most of my chapters, but the next one is the last of Part One!)