22.

***************************************************************************************

Chapter Twenty-Two - The Fight.

***************************************************************************************

Peggy grunted as she was thrown about in the portal.

'The Watcher didn't mention anything about inter-dimensional turbulence.' She thought bitterly. 

She screamed as she fell out of the portal, landing in a pose. Gamora and Killmonger glanced in amusement and shock at her appearance. 

"Oh, you made it." Gamora greeted. The others soon joined them.

"You ready?" Strange questioned. 

"The Stone?" Gamora returned. 

Peggy threw it over to her, but before Gamora could catch it, it was intercepted by a familiar looking redhead on a motorcycle, who turned around sharply and held up a gun in their direction. The group prepared for battle but was soon stopped as Peggy recognised the woman. "No, wait. Stand down! She's Natasha Romanoff."

"Who?" T'Challa questioned but was ignored.

"Yeah. I'm also supposed to be the last person on this planet." Nat retorted, looking suspiciously at them.

"We're from another Universe. Universes. We're here to stop Ultron." Romanoff raised an eyebrow and turned off the safety on her gun. "I can prove it. Your father is Ivan. Your da's Alexei. And you're the one woman I trust to have my six, including now. There are three people you trust in the universe and I count myself lucky enough to be one of them." There was a tense silence before Nat reattached the safety on her gun and lowered it. 

"Well, we must be close."

"I believe the term is BFF." Peggy responded. 

A deep rumble caught their attention, before the all too familiar portal appeared, and the enemy approached. "I believe you have something that belongs to me." Ultron spoke before reaching out a hand and summoning the stone. Natasha was still holding the aforementioned stone and so was sent flying towards Ultron.

"Natasha!"

Thor flung his hammer and knocked off Ultron's arm, which released the stone from his hold. The Stone, and Nat started to fall. Strange conjured a portal just in time and sent her tumbling to the ground, slightly stratched up, but alive. As for the Stone, Killmonger jumped from the shadows and caught it.

Ultron regenerated his arm, and used the Power Stone to hit Killmonger, who released the Soul Stone. Peggy and Gamora ran towards it, but was met with a barrage of energy, protected only by Strange's spell. 

"I can destroy galaxies with a thought. Why won't you DIE?!" Ultron bellowed in frustration, cosmic energy warping around him and redirected towards the Guardians. All seemed lost, the energy too much for the planet, until it was absorbed by the Soul Stone, which was swallowed by Strange. Ultron looked absolutely bewildered. 

"Wait... What?"

He was soon propelled into a building by StarLord. There, their battle ensued. Gamora and Cap ran towards the stone again, but were knocked over by StarLord crashing into them.  Natasha, seeing her Widow's Shield, picked it up and sprinted to Ultron, who was close to retrieving the stone. She flung it at him, hitting him in the head. She did it again, this time with Peggy joining in. "Give him all you've got. Don't give him a chance to think." She called. Together, they knocked down Ultron, Cap pushing his feet out from under him, while Nat slammed into his head.