Chapter 29

It was a Sea Feilong, something that she had only ever heard about before. A quick glance to her left revealed that Sun was equally in shock and awe. She vaguely heard one of the crew members call out a red alert, as alarms began blaring rapidly. People began screaming, all of them running to below deck, trying to avoid the impending doom that was the sea feilong.

They had to fight this... thing, on water, too. It was just a bad mix; even if she knew how to swim from growing up in Menagerie, she'd never learned how to fight in the water. If only they had Percy with them; water was practically his natural element.

"Well, what are we waiting for?"

Blake was snapped out of her stupor by Sun, who winked at her, bringing out his bo staff.

The ship turned, just barely avoiding the sea feilong's beam of energy. Still, the resulting wave from the blast left the ship rocking, and Blake stumbled slightly.

"Any ideas on how to kill it?" Blake yelled to Sun amidst the panic and chaos.

"I got none!" Sun hollered back as he began firing at the massive Grimm, to no avail. Its armor was far too thick to be penetrated, as Blake realized when she started firing at it with Gambol Shroud.

"Huntsmen!"

Blake whirled around to see the captain shouting at them, "If you can clip its wings, we'll get a better shot with our cannon!"

She sent a nod back, turning around, only to see the sea feilong charging up another massive beam in its mouth.

Sun summoned his clones, three of them springing out in golden rays of energy. All of them bounded forward, one of them managing to grab the horns of the dragon. His clone pulled upwards, heaving with all its might, as the sea feilong fired into the water just beside the boat. The resulting impact sent waves through the ocean, causing the boat to rock again.

The actual Sun ran along its wing, firing at the sinew and bone, as he leapt off, onto a small archipelago of rocks.

Blake flung Gambol Shroud at the mast of the ship, sticking it into the wood. She boosted herself off a shadow clone, using her momentum to swing around and towards the sea feilong.

In an instant, it switched its attention from Sun to her, and it fired at her, a large beam soaring through the air.

Her eyes widened in surprise, and she jumped off a clone, barely avoiding the beam as she made herself skinnier.

She dove through the air, bracing herself for impact, before finally making contact with the Grimm.

She thrust Gambol Shroud into the unprotected sinew of the sea feilong's other wing, drawing a pained screech from it as she dug it deeper. Blake ran along the length of the Grimm, slashing its wing along the way.

The Grimm suddenly tilted, and she let gravity do the work for her as she fell, only drawing deeper seams in the sea feilong's wing. When she reached the end, she leapt off, using her shadow clones to boost herself towards one of the small archipelagos.

With massive, gaping gashes and holes in both of its wings, the sea feilong was left immobile, and helpless.

It roared at her and Sun, generating a massive amount of energy in its mouth, preparing for a beam.

Before the ship's cannon blasted its head clean off, spewing Grimm guts everywhere as it dissolved slowly.

There were cheers and whoops from the ship, as everyone realized the imminent threat was gone.

"Ha ha! Phew~" Sun let out a sigh, panting as he put his hands on his knees, "We make a pretty good team, don't we? Up top!"

What a dork. Blake rolled her amber eyes, but a small smile made itself known on her lips as she chose to indulge his high five. As much as she might deny it, Sun was good company on the boat, even if she didn't want him with her at first.