Chapter 7

"The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is absolutely wonderful!" Weiss clapped her hands together, in a good mood.

"I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much Weiss... it's kinda weirding me out," Ruby commented, Percy nodding along with her, "Ruby, the ice queen herself cannot be seen out in public smiling too much."

Weiss shot him a scathing look, "Oh shut up, will you. How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances, parades, a tournament! Oh, the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breathtaking."

Yang sighed, "You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring."

"Quiet you."

A boat honked in the distance.

"Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?" Yang asked Weiss.

"Hey! The docks aren't stupid!" Percy argued, "They're important! They are important for sea fare navigation and ships!"

"Ugh, they smell like fish," Ruby commented, holding her nose.

Percy rounded on her, "What's the problem with fish, hm?"

Ruby stuttered, unprepared for his ire, "Uh... nothing."

"Anyway Yang," Weiss said, "I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And as a representative of Beacon, much like you four are, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom."

Percy rolled his eyes, seeing right through her façade, "So basically you want to spy on them to gain the advantage for the Vytal tournament."

Blake nodded in agreement, "Took the words right out of my mouth."

Weiss shook her head in denial, "Ah! You can't prove that!"

"Speaking of the Vytal Festival... ah... I don't know how to say this but... I'll be... sitting out?"

He winced as all four of them turned to glare at him, wincing under their blazing gazes.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

"What??" Yang was the first to yell at him, drawing the glances of pedestrians as they walked by, "Why?? You're our strongest fighter!"

"Yeah!" Ruby was determined to make him cave, "Please don't sit outtt..." she pleaded, pouting cutely.

Percy looked away purposefully, determined to not to be drawn in to those orbs of hers. Otherwise he would lose this argument. Not that it was already impossible.

"Are you insane?" Weiss argued, "We have to win! And how are we supposed to do that without you, our leader?"

Blake interrupted his reply, "Yeah! This doesn't make any sense, Percy."

He shivered under their collective glares, "Guys, guys, I can explain. Relax," he raised his hands in a nonthreatening manner as they cocked their eyebrows, "So. We're a team of five. Now usually it's an advantage, but for the Vytal Festival, someone has to sit out. It might as well be me."

"No way! I won't let you," Ruby protested, "I'll sit out."

Percy shook his head, "I already informed Ozpin. This is a good chance for you four to develop more chemistry with each other."

"How could you be such a self-sacrificing, stupid, dolt!" Weiss raged at him, her fists hammering on his chest.

He sighed, sweeping her up into a hug. She stiffened for a moment, before relaxing in his arms.

Never ChangeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara