CHAPTER: 14 "DAVINA RUN"

Davina's POV

"Guys it's too dangerous. Do you know who did this to our friends, why haven't you guys gone to the cops yet? Let them handle this" I questioned. Why are they not saying anything? They can be next for all we know. We all know this person holds a grudge against us.

"No! we can't" Jess whispered. "Why?" I asked. "Because-" Alex hesitated. "Anna?" I spoke. Both of their eyes widened.

 "What? Did you think I wouldn't know? She was my friend. We grew apart because of you guys. After listening to the videos, I feel so embarrassed that you guys are my friends. How can you guys do that to an innocent girl? What more did you do to her that you can't go to the cops?" I yelled.

I felt bad for Anna whenever I thought about what she must've been through and thinking my best friends were the ones hurting her it killed me from inside.

"We are sorry for what happened. We didn't know it would come this far. I am sorry Davina" Jess cried. "But wait a minute, you were Anna's friend, you didn't do anything wrong to her, So, why did you get the text?" Alex asked. "I don't know," I said.

We heard sirens going off at a distance, the cops showed up at the school and the sheriff was talking to the principal. The bell rang and we went to our respective classes. 

Then an announcement was made by the speaker, 

"Davina Claire, Alex Standall, and Jessica Adams are requested to come to the headmaster's office immediately. I repeat Davina Claire, Alex Standall, and Jessica Adams report to the headmaster's office immediately"

As soon as the announcement was made my eyes instantly met with Jess and Alex. We all went to the office. They were hesitating so I went first.

"Hello sir, you called for us?" I said confidently. "Yes Davina, come in and have a seat. You both too" Mr. Walker said. Antonio Walker was our school's headmaster as well as a close family friend of mine. 

We all came inside and sat down. Then the door opened and two cops came inside. Jess and Alex started looking at each other nervously.

"Hello everyone my name is Jolene Renee, Deputy Commissioner. I am handling the case of your friends Connor and Ashley. We all know that the person who murdered your friends is after revenge. And we suspect that you may be next. 

To be precise Alex and Jessica were involved in the bullying of Anna Pearl. So now I want you all to tell me honestly what you know. This is Detective Katy, my partner in this case. She will ask you some questions regarding Connor, Ashley, and Anna, and I want you to answer honestly. We need to catch this person as soon as possible before anything tragic happens. Do you all understand?"  Officer Jolene said.

We had private question-and-answer sessions. And after that, we were free to go. They said, they will provide us protection till the murderer is caught. I saw a sense of relief on Alex and Jess's faces. 

"How did it go? Did you say anything about the text?" Jess asked. "No, I didn't Alex told me not to" I replied. "Good. They said they will give us protection now we just need to stick together and wait" Alex said. "Yes," Jess said.

The rest of the day went by in a blur. The last bell rang and we were going to stay at my house. The cops were all around my house. We went inside my room and were just sitting around until I heard something click from behind the table. I went there to check and I saw a small hole there.

"Guys there's something here," I said. They all came. I tried to touch it but when I went near there was another click and gas was transmitted from it. We started coughing, I saw Jess and Alex fall after inhaling the gas. I tried to wake them up but my eyes got heavy and the next thing I know we were being carried in a van with black windows and a person driving a car wearing a black cloak.

 I saw Jess and Alex laying down next to me. I tried to shake them but they wouldn't get up.

I kicked Jess and she started rustling. And then she woke up and we tried to wake Alex up as quietly as possible. We tried to find an escape route and I saw an opportunity. The door on my side was unlocked I signaled Jess and we tried to open the door but it was hard as both our hands were tied. Then suddenly the door clicked open it caught the kidnapper's attention. He lost the balance on the wheel and I took it as an opportunity, opened the door, and jumped off the moving car. Jess and Alex did the same but Jessica hurt her leg in the process and the Kidnapper caught her. We looked back and stopped for Jess but she yelled,

 "Run Davina Run! Don't look back and go get help. RUN!" As soon as I heard her, I ran. . .

I lost Alex while running. I didn't know where I was heading but I needed to get away from him. Then I heard Alex scream in a distance. Alex has been caught. I needed to go fast and get help. After a while of running, I heard my name being called, "Davina I know you're there. Come back or you can kiss your friend goodbye. I know you will make the right decision. Now come back before I drag you here"

"FOUND YOU"

I picked up my pace but eventually got caught by the one and only...