CHAPTER: 7 LET'S DATE

Connor's POV

"Anna, let's sit together," I asked. "Okay!" she replied. It was the break, we just took our food from the cafeteria and sat at an empty table. That's when I saw Jess, Alex, and Ashley entering the cafeteria. Jess saw us and she knew what she had to do. 

She came up to us and yelled, "Connor what are you doing with her? since when have you started hanging out with losers?" Anna was about to say something but I beat her to it.

"Anna is not a loser. You shouldn't be rude to her like that. She's my friend now" I said while looking at her. I know girls like it when a guy defends or takes her side. 

"Friend? Connor, have you lost your mind? She isn't worth you. Look at her. she's practically wearing trash all over her body" Ashley squealed. "We should stop judging people by their clothes. Jess, shouldn't you at least stop after getting humiliated by her yesterday?" I said, earning a few gasps from the cafeteria.

"Let's go. He isn't one of us now. Let the losers hang out together." Jess said sternly. I mouthed a Sorry and she knew exactly what I meant. They all left leaving me and Anna alone.

"Connor you shouldn't have said that. They are your friends. You didn't have to fight with them because of me." Anna said with concern written all over her face. Cute. "A thank you will be enough" I teased. "Thank you, Connor" Anna replied smiling.

The whole day Anna and I talked and it seemed like she was getting comfortable with me. At the end of the day, I went to our hideout where we decided to meet.

"Yo! Jess. I am so sorry" I shouted as soon as I entered the house. She threw a pillow at my face from across the hall.

"You deserve it," Alex said. "Well, you know I didn't mean any of that, don't you?" I said giving her a flying kiss.

"Shut up now tell me do you think you can make her fall for you?" Jess asked seriously.

"Well as I said it's hard to miss a handsome face like mine" I replied smirking. The next few days I tried to get Anna to trust me and depend on me. I was her knight in shining armor. We became best friends and I could feel that she had started developing feelings for me.

I would 'accidentally' brush my hand against hers. Defend her and take her shopping even though she wouldn't let me buy her expensive gifts for her. The prom night was just around the corner and I could see that she was waiting for me to ask her to be my date. Davina told me that Anna wanted me to be her date. As I said before, she couldn't resist my charming looks.

On the day of the prom, I planned a big surprise proposal for Anna. I already let Jess know about this and she helped me set up everything. Davina, Anna, and I were going to the prom together as friends. As soon as we entered the gym where I planned everything, Jess turned off the lights and the spotlight was only on Anna. She was clueless. Then another spotlight was on me. I walked up to her and...

"Anna, I know this is too early but you have stolen my heart. All these days I spent with you was the best days of my life. I didn't know what love was, I didn't know I could love, but you, Anna, changed me. Now I know what is love. So..."

Lights turned off again and then the whole gym was lit up. Everyone yelling 'Surprise' and there was a big banner hanging on the wall in front of us saying 'WILL YOU BE MY DATE ANNA PEARL' then I bent down in front of Anna and took a ring from my coat and said,

"I love you, Anna, Let's Date..."